Quantcast

Jackal vs. Morphine

danielsaco6

Chimp
Nov 27, 2007
So I want a bike that is more based on freeride, but does it "all".
E.g.- I need it to do some DH, Street, Dirt Jumps and Freeride.

What bike would you guys recommend for this a Morphine or a Jackal. and what setup.

Thanks

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
well considering a Jackal is pretty much just a DJ frame and is made for a 100mm fork, go with the Morphine.

or try to find an Imperial frame, I loved mine wish I didn't sell it.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Of the two, Morphine. That said, I'd look at somthing like a Transition Vagrant, Norco Shore Series, etc. for more of a do it all sort of bike.

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
morphine of your 2 choices but personally i would take a good hard look at the vagrent. that is my personal fav. for what you are looking out hands down. btw i use to own a morphine, a good bike for sure that will never let you down (i.e. break) but it is not really the good of a dj bike.

IHardtail

Chimp
Dec 8, 2007
I personally like the Jackal and am actually building it up to suit my needs (similar to what you want).
Check it out on the official Jackal Thread.

jscottroman

Chimp
Aug 14, 2005
SFV, CA
I'd go for the Banshee, sweet ride. I had one w/ 66s. I ran it ss for a while then got back into trail riding and threw some gears on it.

Def took what I gave it an wanted more. I ran it down some DH runs @ Mammoth and acctu had more fun on it than my AS-X

gunslingger

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Vancouver, WA
So I want a bike that is more based on freeride, but does it "all".
E.g.- I need it to do some DH, Street, Dirt Jumps and Freeride.

What bike would you guys recommend for this a Morphine or a Jackal. and what setup.

Thanks
greatest hardtail FR frame ever. I have had one for a few years and it does not get any better. I came from fully's but got sick of fixing things. This bike is spot on, I just went back to a fully so if you are interested in buying a real nicely set up used one let me know.

Monkey
greatest hardtail FR frame ever. I have had one for a few years and it does not get any better. I came from fully's but got sick of fixing things. This bike is spot on, I just went back to a fully so if you are interested in buying a real nicely set up used one let me know.
Vancouver eh?

ever see a half bald guy named Dax rolling around on an black old school Intense M1? He lives outside of town a ways but he probably rolls around town to pick up chicks.