Quantcast

Jagwire Hyflow Brake Hose

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
I have a set on Servo Wave XT brakes and they work fine, I didn't notice much difference between the stock ones but they come in sweet colors and we all know your bike will just be glanced over on the inter-toobs unless you have all manner of color coordination going on... I kid.

Jenson had them for 20$ for enough to do both brakes not long ago.

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Not that Jagwire make any claims as such, but a brake hose doesn't actually "flow" very much fluid at all. It simply transfers the pressure that one creates in the master piston to the slave. I feel a need to point that out as the product name annoys me.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Not that Jagwire make any claims as such, but a brake hose doesn't actually "flow" very much fluid at all. It simply transfers the pressure that one creates in the master piston to the slave. I feel a need to point that out as the product name annoys me.
thats a good point, apparently hy-pressure-transfer didn't have as nice a ring to it..

Hesh To Steel

Monkey
Dec 12, 2007
Hell's Kitchen
I busted a hose on my rear Gustav and ended up going with the Hyflow kit because anything Magura makes is both hard to find and very expensive when you find it. Haven't actually tested it out yet (first DH ride in 2 weeks) but according to the mechanic that installed it, it's very flexible. Several online vendors had the kits for 20 bucks, which is great when you consider that you can do both brakes with one kit.

Killingtonvt

Monkey
Sep 19, 2005
Bellingham, WA
I use a Hydro flow kit on my trail bike as well a Goodridges on my Jedi. I wouldn't say the Jagwire's offer much of a performance enhancement over the stock lines, but they do come in colors. The Goodridges offer a nice performance gain as the lines do not expand. Pricey? Yes. Worth it? I'd say yes.

bivouacjack

Chimp
Jul 22, 2010
NY Star: I am interested to know how your Jagwire Hyflow brake hoses have been holding up. I am about to buy but really question their performance...