Quantcast

Jake my senior dog gave me a scare

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I guess it goes with having a 13 year old dog. Some days are good some days are not so good.

He had a really bad one that had me wondering if it was his time to go. Monday morning he seemed off and would not eat. he even blew off his favorite treats. He was wobbly on his feet and generally out of it. We was worse that night he just laid there. This morning I got him to go out and he pooped but still didn't want to eat. I called the wife and we debated on what to do. I had to head out at 6am but I was just thinking about Jake and the prospect of losing my buddy. I was able to drop by the house and hell there he was at the door and he barked. I got him to eat some chicken breast before I left. At noon I came home and he was barking and wiggling his butt. He ate some Turkey, some dog biscuits, a carrot then we went out into the yard, he brought his favorite toy along....tonight he seems fine...such the relief

lunchtime with his Favorite toy today

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
remember when he was a pup.....that is when you know you have been on the internet too long.

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
How is it these furry little fuzz-buckets get in to our hearts, give us unconditional love, make our days/nights better, then when it's their time, break us??

Good to hear Jake is doing better. Maybe it was his form of a 24hour doggie bug.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Dog #2 is 13-ish. Which is pretty good for a lab/golden thing. Dog #1 went 14-ish before cancer got him. He definitely has good days and not so good days, though so far eating hasn't been an issue. I've found that any walk over a mile is probably to far for him any more. He's always had a goofy rear end, walks like a bow-legged cowboy, but it's getting worse. A fairly strict regimen of glucosomine seems to have helped a lot. Though, we got the notice in the mail the other day that tags are due for the dogs. We had the option for a one year or three year animal license. I opted not to pay for the three year license for him. It sucks, but it is also inevitable.