Quantcast

Jamba Juice...or any of thoes other smoothie joints.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I just got a large Pina COlada smoothie from this joint and as i was walking out I checked the nutritional value....200 grams of sugar! that's 75% of your daily carb requirments....should I give up my hope that these tasty things are bad for me? Any hope that all that sugar is from the fruit and not from refined processed sugar?

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Dog Welder said:
I just got a large Pina COlada smoothie from this joint and as i was walking out I checked the nutritional value....200 grams of sugar! that's 75% of your daily carb requirments....should I give up my hope that these tasty things are bad for me? Any hope that all that sugar is from the fruit and not from refined processed sugar?
Pina Colada probably has more sugar due to the mix they put in it. Is that for all of the smoothies or just that?

I make my own if possible.

The Ito

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
ito said:
Pina Colada probably has more sugar due to the mix they put in it. Is that for all of the smoothies or just that?

I make my own if possible.

The Ito
pina colada

6 or 10 oz of pinepple juice
two scoops of plain sorbet
two scoops of pineapple sherbert
one scoop of bananas
an oz or two of coconut
one scoop of ice

It's a combo of stuff, but if I get one, I'll get a scoop of strawberries or blueberries instead of the bananas.

Try the orange berry blitz, I believe it has the fewest calories.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Those things are REALLY bad for you...they're sooo good though. When I first discovered Jamba Juice, I don't think I chewed for a week.

Anyway, my dietician told me to avoid those things except for once in a great while and get the smallest one. The fruit juice will send your triglycerides through the roof.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
dh girlie said:
Anyway, my dietician told me to avoid those things except for once in a great while and get the smallest one. The fruit juice will send your triglycerides through the roof.
Ya,only get them for a treat, not everyday!

Even the 'small' is big! :oink:

They are sooper yummy thou! :love:

=[Stinky]=

I like bagels and turkey sandwiches
Sep 9, 2001
Atlanta YEAAAHHH!
Those smoothie kings, and planet smootie places, are terrible. We have "ardens garden' And its just frozen fruit and fruit juices. you can put in concentrated shots... wheatgrass(eww). Anywho, just much more organic and healthy... I dunno
if they are outside ATL.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Make your own!
1 cup heavy cream
frozen blueberries and other fruit
yogurt (1 cup)

put in blender, yuuummmmmmmmmm! Im enjoying eating all i want when i want while im still growing. Suckers :nuts:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
mack said:
Make your own!
1 cup heavy cream
frozen blueberries and other fruit
yogurt (1 cup)

put in blender, yuuummmmmmmmmm! Im enjoying eating all i want when i want while im still growing. Suckers :nuts:
Don't worry... one day you too shall be old and fat.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
We have both Blenders (juice bar) and Jamba juice. Jamba juice tastes better than Blenders does but it could be that Blenders uses ice cream? I think in their juice drinks. Diary I think is what gives it a different taste.

I agree though with Jamba juice. It depends on what you get. Orange berry blitz, Strawberries wild, and Strawberry tsunami? are the good ones that don't have too much bad stuff in them. I have doubts about buying these things though after going to Costco and finding that you can get a whole pineapple for $2, 5lbs of strawberries for $5, and various other fruits for cheap. Gotta learn to make my own :)

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
We have a bunch of places here that use 100% fruit and ice. All good, but expensive. I actually don't mind wheatgrass shots either...

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
1/2 of the weight you gain is GUILT BASED WEIGHT.

You can program your food with energy. This is why I can eat like a garbage disposal, about 4000 calories a day or more and I stay at 175. Why? Caus I don't give a crap. My cholesterol is under 170

However I don't eat garbage anymore and since I've discovered that meat has horomnes and antibiotics, I don't eat meat but once a month or so. Oh and I've given up milk and my constant gas is now nonexistant.

Here's what I choke down daily for a smoothie. You don't need a juicer either. Just throw this in a blender, mix, and choke it down.
2 apples, 1 banana, 2 oranges, pear, 6 prunes, carrots.

Yeah it's disgusting. But however.

Kevin

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
In Canada we have Booster Juice , they have the full nutritional breakdows on the web site. I have one every chance I get. When I'm on a course, I have one for breakfast every day. If there was one on my way to work, I'd have one for the commute every morning....

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
just had a jus chillin on our campus for about the 6millionth time and it was great. everyday before work last summer i would get a jamba juice (right by my house on the way to the shop) and it worked wonders. its way better than eggs,bacon, toast etc

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
Carbs aren't bad for you but when they come in the form of 200 grams of sugar...man that's just playing hell with your insulin levels...even if you aren't a diabetic yer screwed.
I just had a class on diabetes...basically the human body produces 50 units of insulin a day with a 200 unit store. One unit of insulin can metabolize 15grams of carbs...so roughly you can metabolize 750 grams of carbs a day without dipping into your stores...So someone who eats a lot of junk food will blow through their daily insulin production and chip away at their stores within a week. Basically your body produces has to keep on cranking out the insulin that you become resistive to it...so it requires more insulin to metabolize carbohydrates. Which of course leads to obesity and all the other health problems that stem from it.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Dog Welder said:
Carbs aren't bad for you but when they come in the form of 200 grams of sugar...man that's just playing hell with your insulin levels...even if you aren't a diabetic yer screwed.
I just had a class on diabetes...basically the human body produces 50 units of insulin a day with a 200 unit store. One unit of insulin can metabolize 15grams of carbs...so roughly you can metabolize 750 grams of carbs a day without dipping into your stores...So someone who eats a lot of junk food will blow through their daily insulin production and chip away at their stores within a week. Basically your body produces has to keep on cranking out the insulin that you become resistive to it...so it requires more insulin to metabolize carbohydrates. Which of course leads to obesity and all the other health problems that stem from it.

Huh...interesting. That's the ratio I used for my injected insulin...1 unit to 15 grams of carbs. I don't think thats standard though.