Quantcast

James River State Park, VA

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
Anybody got any info on riding there? I might head up there this weekend while the family fishes on the river. I figure I got a free ride up and might check out the trails.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
andym said:
Anybody got any info on riding there? I might head up there this weekend while the family fishes on the river. I figure I got a free ride up and might check out the trails.

HERE'S a link to a thread with pics from earlier this year. Decent riding, wouldn't drive over an hour to get there tho...

andym

Chimp
Mar 30, 2004
va
thanks for the quick reply and link to the pictures. It looks like a decent scenic ride. I will probably have to go just to shuttle my parents and their raft so I might as well take the bike along and get some mileage in. Any other riding in the area you might recomend in the area? All I know is that we will be staying Friday and Saturday night in a motel near Troutville.

jncarpenter

Monkey
Apr 1, 2002
lynchburg, VA
......there are a few decent rides within an hour drive from there. PM Castle (Sean) on these boards.....he lives in Roanoke & works at a LBS there. I'm sure he would know a couple good ones nearby troutville.