Quantcast

James Stewart Pinning it...

ChelanDHer

Monkey
Jan 6, 2004
Lynnwood, WA
Holy crap. He basically turned that bike all the way around. Insane. I used to ride enduro when I was younger, dirt biking just beat the piss out of a guy though.

leprechaun

Turbo Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
SLC,Ut
Man those are some great vids! I love them especially because i have a 2003 KX 125 (Bubba's era 125). It is the smallest most flickable MX bike possibly ever made. It was lower and shorter wheelbase than most any other year/bike. He is still amazing but watching him in 2003.... it was just unreal!

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
There are some riders who can whip it nicely but dirt bikers have a motor that can pull them back after turning almost fully backwards.

what does the motor have to do with it???
pretty much the only reason that they can get it so insanley upside down and whipped out is because they have literally seconds of airtime.

i can get it only somewhat similar on certain hips, but because of my airtime, it looks spastic and late.
FactoryCostcoDH can get the whips similar to MX style because he rides MX and knows how to control the bike alot better than me... he points the nose down and then whips, but when i point the nose down, i get tripped out and mess up.

Centrifugal force
from the wheel spinning like crazy if you gas it in the air?
if so, how does that help recovery from a whip? all it seems to do for me is balance the bike in the air when you gas it and then brake it...

the turn radius on the fork to the frame is not much at all, so you can use the upper stanchions to pull you back seemingly alot easier than a mountain bike. (seemingly as in you feel like you have more time to do it in the air, which, given the right situation, you do)

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
notice how every time someone cracks a whip like that the throttle braps? Their using the throttle and brakes to controll in the air which isnt doable on a bike. Locking up the rear brake on a bike helps get the nose down but theres not nearly as much weight working as on a moto.