Quantcast

Jamis bikes

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
I need a new bike and I'm looking at new and used bikes. Is the Jamis Dakar II a good bike. I know its a slopestyle bike. Would it be able to handle Diablo Freeride Park and Freeriding.I dont know much about slopestyle bikes, any extra info on them would be great.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
do you mean the parker II? on paper that looks like a fun bike. it's one of the 08s that caught my eye. really fun geo, well-thought built, ect. looks like the definition of a have-fun-doing-it-all bike. It should take some shenanigans, but not too much abuse. ex: if you're light and/or smooth it will take some big moves and rough terrain. if not you might want to look elsewhere.
what kind of specific info are you looking for?
the diablo has been replaced with both the BAM or the XAM and all three are very different bikes from the parker.

jonny dh

Monkey
Oct 26, 2007
under my feet
do you mean the parker II? on paper that looks like a fun bike. it's one of the 08s that caught my eye. really fun geo, well-thought built, ect. looks like the definition of a have-fun-doing-it-all bike. It should take some shenanigans, but not too much abuse. ex: if you're light and/or smooth it will take some big moves and rough terrain. if not you might want to look elsewhere.
what kind of specific info are you looking for?
the diablo has been replaced with both the BAM or the XAM and all three are very different bikes from the parker.
both the diablo 1.0 and 2.0 and the parker II look way fun,I don't think you would go wrong on either bikes,I forgot all about the parker II bike looks like you can whip it around with ease.diablo is allot more beefy

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
my shop carries the parker and it's pretty sweet. i rode it around a bit but the air shock wasn't set up for my weight so i didn't get a true testride but the geo is perfect for what you're looking at. pedals well and it's built plenty burly for most humans.

mtnbiker7

Monkey
May 22, 2007
New Jersey
my shop carries the parker and it's pretty sweet. i rode it around a bit but the air shock wasn't set up for my weight so i didn't get a true testride but the geo is perfect for what you're looking at. pedals well and it's built plenty burly for most humans.
Is the price for the bike diffrent from the price on the Jamis website. If it is can you tell me the price for the bike in the shop.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
Just if its a durable bike and if it can take the big jumps and drops. Mayabe if its an easy bike to ride. I weigh about 115 and I'm 5 foot 6 or 7.
the parker can handle a lot if your 115. I love riding my 5/4 inch 4X bike with guys riding 6-7 inch rigs. It should ride and handle really well for you.