Quantcast

Jamis Quest?

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
So, Now I have moved from looking at the Razza to the Jamis Quest. I took out a 58 around the parking lot, and besides being way to small, It felt really nice. I'm diggin the steel :)

Any one have any input on the Jamis Quest ?

EDIT: and oh yeah, how do you size a road bike properly? The biggest bike we have in the store is a 58, which is too small. I know nothing of road bikes, (besides how to sell them :D) I am 6'3" with a 34" inseam. Should I go with a 60 or a 62? any ideas?

EDIT EDIT: Just realized that the Quest comes in a 59 and a 62....

Nitromike

Monkey
May 14, 2004
Some ghetto in Houston
Gonna be a tough fit .. thats a really short inseam for 6'3" I'm 5'11" with a 34 inseam and a 58 is about as big as I can go legwise before I don't have enough seatpost exposed. I think you're going to be best off trying to stretch the cockpit of the bike by moving the seat back and using a longer stem.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I own a Jamis Quest and I love the bike. Great bang for the buck IMO. And the steel feels great compared to similarly priced AL bikes in my opinion. I test rode three comparable AL framed roadies before deciding on the feel of steel. Yeah it's not 853, but the 631 feels pretty sweet to me.

Go for it!