Quantcast

Janet Napolitano thank you thread

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
This is the internet, the home of 9.5 inch cocks, 3d degree black belts and year round perfect tans, you expect proper spelling too? Pleeze...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
it's official: i'm a paultard jr.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And, really, Infowars? That's low brow even for you. :disgust1:

*EDIT!: Now that I have sullied myself and actually read that tripe, ending TSA /= privatizing TSA. If there is any way to make the TSA more evil and insidious, its to turn it into a for profit industry.

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Speaking of thanking Janet Napolitano:

Police believe a white supremacist who attempted to enter Arizona politics and advocated using deadly force against illegal immigrants shot and killed four people, including an infant, before turning the gun on himself.

Authorities have no motive for Wednesday’s mass shooting in a quiet area of Gilbert, Ariz., but they believe it was sparked by an episode of domestic violence between Jason “J.T.” Ready, 39, and Lisa Mederos, 47, whom he was said to be involved with. Along with Mederos, police identified the other victims as: Amber Mederos, 23, Lisa’s daughter; Jim Hiott, 24, Amber’s fiance; and their 15-month-old daughter, Lilly.

Ready was a founding member of a group called the U.S. Border Guard, an extremist vigilante group that staged armed patrols along the U.S.-Mexico border to watch for illegal immigrants. He was vocal in his animosity toward illegals, even going as far as saying in a video: “I firmly believe in having a minefield across the border. This is 100% effective,” according the the Southern Poverty Law Center, which has been monitoring Ready’s activities for years.

An ex-Marine, Ready tried to align himself with the political establishment in Arizona, even creating an allegiance with politician Russell Pearce, a onetime president of the state senate. But after Pearce found out about Ready’s extremist ties, including links to neo-Nazi groups, he broke off contact. Ready was also a prospective candidate for Pinal County sheriff.

However, police do not know if Ready’s views have anything to do with the explosion of violence at the house he reportedly shared with Mederos. The victim’s daughter Brittany, who survived the incident, reportedly told police that she was in the bedroom of the house when she heard gunshots and screaming. Gilbert police say Lisa, Amber, and Lilly Mederos were found in the house, while Hiott and Ready were found outside. It is unclear there was any kind of struggle. Lilly was taken to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead.

“This is a domestic situation. We do have a witness that our investigators are interviewing,” said Gilbert police spokesman Sgt. Bill Balafas, in reference to Brittany.

Heather Morton, who worked at a Wendy’s restaurant with Amber, told the Arizona Republic that Ready met the two Mederos sisters at the eatery and started a relationship with their mother. It is unknown if the family, who is Hispanic, knew about Ready’s extremist views. He moved in with her but his relationship with the woman was so rocky that Amber and Hiott moved out with their child.

Bud Napples, who rented Amber and Hiott an apartment when they moved, said things were beginning to turn around for the young family. “They both had work, and he was so happy about that,” he told the Republic. “He had Lilly in his arms, and he was just happy.”

Read more: http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/03/gunman-in-arizona-murder-suicide-believed-to-be-far-right-extremist/?iid=nf-article-mostpop1#ixzz1tpzxQiNe
Arizona, you so crazy!

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
The chaos at Terminal 7 was caused by screener Alija Abdul Majed, who had manned Lane No. 1 during the morning shift with no idea his metal detector had no juice, sources said.
6/23 was an inside job!!!!

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Passenger could be asked to give drink samples to TSA [at the gate!!!!]

it's arbitrary
it's without explanation
it's insinuated in the free market

if enforceable, help me now to differentiate the significance b/t the TSA & a police state
Wait, whut? You can't bring and open container through security. So either your sealed beverage that already went through security once is still suspect (ie not properly screened), or TSA doesn't trust products/vendors that are already on the "secure" portion of the airfield. Good lord that organization is such a COLOSSAL waste of taxpayer money. The whole thing is such a fraud.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i could see it if there's a hardware store inside the gated area (chemicals, etc.), but a cinnabon? that takes years to take its toll on 'mericans.

what do they know that isn't yet widely known?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Maybe belongs in the Aurora thread, I dunno.
America is a violent country – our homicide rate is four to 12 times higher than that in more civilized parts of the world – and Aurora, Colo., is more violent than the average American town. A down-market suburb of Denver, it sees an average of about 20 of its 325,000 residents murdered each year.

This fact is a matter of almost total indifference to the local – let alone the national – media, since the murders are rarely considered noteworthy by the news business, which is to say the victims are rarely either sufficiently rich or telegenic to garner more than cursory attention.

A lot of people – about 15,000 at present – get murdered in the United States every year. Most of these people get killed in places that, roughly speaking, look something like Aurora: places where the people are poorer and less white than in America in general, and who are therefore by definition not very interesting or important.

Of course these rules don’t hold if some lunatic kills a dozen people at once, especially in a normally innocuous public space, such as a multi-screen movie theater, which interesting and important people can picture themselves within. So today murder in Aurora, Colo., is an interesting and important topic.

Among other things, this kind of crime highlights the absurdity of “security theater” – the almost wholly symbolic rigmarole to which Americans subject ourselves in a few symbolic places, such as airports, government buildings and the like. Anybody in this country who wants to kill a lot of people in a crowded public space can do so fairly easily. The fact this almost never happens – and that when it does happen the act almost never has a political motive – indicates how wildly overstated the threat of terrorism is in America today.

If we faced any kind of real terrorist threat, incidents like the Aurora shooting (except with a political motive) would happen all the time, since, again, there’s nothing that can be done to stop them. That they don’t illustrates the extent to which “terrorism” is a politically useful bogeyman, deployed by the national security state for reasons that have almost nothing to with actual considerations of public safety and everything to do with cultivating a sufficiently fearful and docile populace.

Indeed, leaving aside considerations of terrorism altogether, the surprising thing about the Aurora shooting is that incidents of this type don’t happen more often. We live in a (compared to the rest of the developed world) extraordinarily violent, deeply economically stratified nation, with more than 270 million guns floating around – enough to arm every adult and half the kids in the nation.

A lot of Americans are broke, or angry, or paranoid, or all three, and a lot of these people are heavily armed. It’s not exactly a shock that this combination of factors helps produce 15,000 murders per year.
http://www.salon.com/2012/07/20/why_arent_there_more_auroras/

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
so the burning question is: should my buddy continue to pay rent at this guy's house? i'm suggesting he writes each check but only attempt to hand deliver them, keeping the undelivered checks in case the recently departed's estate (or lien holder in the event of posthumous litigation) comes after him.

minimum 6 mos to evict once the banks get wise, which i'm sure they are
Does Capt Stabby Mcmurder actually own the place or was he subleasing? Lots of pilots will do that if the base they are assigned to isn't "home". He was a COS based pilot but I don't know if here was were he was calling his permanent address. More info required. If your buddy was writing checks to the deceased, I'd tell him to stick it out as long as possible and start hoarding cash.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
assessor's page sez he owns 2 properties, one of which is my buddy's rental residence

so what did he plan to do if he got in the air? ain't like he was going to land stateside...maybe find another IRS bldg?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
assessor's page sez he owns 2 properties, one of which is my buddy's rental residence

so what did he plan to do if he got in the air? ain't like he was going to land stateside...maybe find another IRS bldg?
I say stay as long as it takes the bank to figure out whats up then, but were I him, I'd start moving valuables and furniture into storage, live spartan for a while.

It's all conjecture. Plane didn't have much fuel, 2000lbs maybe. For reference, 3000 is minimum for here to DEN so what ever he had planned, he wasn't getting far. Word on the street was his ex and kids live in SGU so he might have been planning on doing a fly-by, or fly-in. Who knows? I'd give a week of vacation time to hear the CVR.

*edit: Was just thinking this over, did your buddy have a legit lease? Given the unusual manner in which his land lord chose to........depart the pattern, I wonder if that gives the bank more lee-way in how it might treat someone occupying the residence. If he's there legit like I would imagine the note holder would have to give him a minimum 30 days. That being the case, I'd hoard cash and stay until I got served an eviction notice.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Courtesy of Reddit:
a better subtitle would address a more common element: former military (5/8)

unabomber was neither right wing nor christian
ivins never assaulted/killed anyone, and wasn't a radical; just vanilla catholic
von brunn was anti-iraq war & believed 9/11 was an inside job (think: alex jones), and like hitler, was a struggling artist

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
*edit: Was just thinking this over, did your buddy have a legit lease? Given the unusual manner in which his land lord chose to........depart the pattern, I wonder if that gives the bank more lee-way in how it might treat someone occupying the residence. If he's there legit like I would imagine the note holder would have to give him a minimum 30 days. That being the case, I'd hoard cash and stay until I got served an eviction notice.
capt's father has contacted tenant & is now implying receivership of property, and has given him first swing at buying it.

did i mention it's on chelton? but coming from pomona, that's an upgrade

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Just got back from visiting family in CO.
Lots of TSA BS on both ends of the trip, complete with stern recitals of rules and gruff attitude.

My key-ring mounted Spiderco folding knive (2" blade) made it through security in both Boston and Denver, while inside the front, outside pocket of my backpack, completely undetected. As did the lighter (with built in metal bottle opener) in my checked bags.

The TSA sucks.