Quantcast

Janet Napolitano thank you thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
i won't tell you what i've gotten through to the plane* (cos -> dca & back); but suffice it to say, yes, they do suck

i want badly to take a block of sharp cheddar just to see if the rumors are true

*the first few times were accidental; then i just got curious if they'd ever catch it

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
i won't tell you what i've gotten through to the plane* (cos -> dca & back); but suffice it to say, yes, they do suck

i want badly to take a block of sharp cheddar just to see if the rumors are true

*the first few times were accidental; then i just got curious if they'd ever catch it

Your Franklin Mint GWB collectable coke-spoon?

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
*Sigh*

As of yesterday, when I drive through the recently installed, multi-thousand dollar, man-less security gate and do the whole airport badge/biometric thing, I now have to press a button to call airport ops, and tell them if I have anyone with me or not, because they have no way of knowing. All that so the guy who used to work in the booth before he was replaced with all the new security gizmos, who is now sitting in a chair monitoring the cameras in the booth from the terminal, can remotely open the gate for me and any one who might or might not be traveling with me, that he can't verify, can enter the secure area through a fence that just ends out in the middle of nothing and could just as easily be walked around.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
so you're telling us it's only by the grace of the FSM one of those nearby antelope doesn't become FOD?

brilliant.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
so you're telling us it's only by the grace of the FSM one of those nearby antelope doesn't become FOD?

brilliant.
Well, the fence to nowhere, as I like to call it, is inside the "perimeter", as it were, but you do go from a "un-secure" area, to the "secure" area through the gate within the fence to nowhere.

I once spent a couple hours one after noon helping one of the airport ops guys chase a pug that had escaped from a dog crate off the airfield. We couldn't catch the little fvcker, and the chase only ended when the dog made it through the perimeter fence.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I once spent a couple hours one after noon helping one of the airport ops guys chase a pug that had escaped from a dog crate off the airfield. We couldn't catch the little fvcker, and the chase only ended when the dog made it through the perimeter fence.
people who ship dogs on a plane really need a fvcking clue.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi

brilliant.
Flights in and out of Bujumbura were often delayed by antelope strikes.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
people who ship dogs on a plane really need a fvcking clue.
Beats coach. And I got no other way to keep the pets with the family when we move. Can't drive from Africa to India too well.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I think I might be stealing Silver's schtick here but if Extraordinary Rendition Airlines ever got up and running I'd be super gold platinum diamond on those muthafuggers in no time. Drug me at home throw me in the hold and drop me off at my destination and wake me with a bucket of cold water (water confiscated at the gate of course). Airports, bugger me they suck.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Every time I've been groped, I close my eyes, specifically visualize janet napolitano, and it's allllll riiiggghhht. mmm mmm mmm
you don't yearn for janet reno's palsied grip....kind of like the vibrating bed you pay a quarter for in a motel....just get her to spit in her hand...

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I think I might be stealing Silver's schtick here but if Extraordinary Rendition Airlines ever got up and running I'd be super gold platinum diamond on those muthafuggers in no time. Drug me at home throw me in the hold and drop me off at my destination and wake me with a bucket of cold water (water confiscated at the gate of course). Airports, bugger me they suck.
Dammit, that was my idea and I thought of it first!