Quantcast

Janet Napolitano thank you thread

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
no.

not looking to restrict guns either.

not a gun owner and 99.9 percent sure i never will be one.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.

The "It could happen here" podcast was certainly interesting, at least to me, and sure seems a lot less tinfoily these days than when it came out, just a year ago. :tinfoil:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator

The "It could happen here" podcast was certainly interesting, at least to me, and sure seems a lot less tinfoily these days than when it came out, just a year ago. :tinfoil:
That's a podcast?

I read a book with that title a while ago

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
It's a story about how people like brian allow nazis to take over in the us via a charismatic figure (charles lindburg in this case), the DHS, police, patriots brown shirts emerge all on their own as the muscle force, and how we stupidly walk right into it.

same?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
It's a story about how people like brian allow nazis to take over in the us via a charismatic figure (charles lindburg in this case), the DHS, police, patriots brown shirts emerge all on their own as the muscle force, and how we stupidly walk right into it.

same?
I possibly misunderstood which podcast we were talking about. I'd assumed we were referencing "It could happen here". I remain unclear on wether or not "The War on Everyone" is an actual book or just an "audio book", but what you're talking about sounds WAY to similar for it to be a coincidence.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
that's where somebody with a gun could have come in handy! crystal clear self-defense, and cleaning up the gene pool at the same time.

what??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
that's where somebody with a gun could have come in handy! crystal clear self-defense, and cleaning up the gene pool at the same time.

what??

Although a disturbing and clear sign that unstable people are being inspired to do dumb shit, do you really e killing this guy was the right solution?

Should Timothy Mcveigh have been shit on sight rather than being tried in a court if law?

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Although a disturbing and clear sign that unstable people are being inspired to do dumb shit, do you really e killing this guy was the right solution?

Should Timothy Mcveigh have been shit on sight rather than being tried in a court if law?
i, personally, would have loved to shit on timothy mcveigh

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
sigh. I don't feel like there is a parallel IMO. McVeigh was caught after the bombing. At that point, we follow the law, charge and try in court. 100%.

devil's advocate; if someone knew what McVeigh was planning, OR a wannabe bomber walks into a building and makes a bomb threat, is the obligation to protect the bomber or the potential victims of the bomber?