Quantcast

Janet Napolitano thank you thread

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
it's not so much a show of force by DHS as it is drying up the market / draining the swamps. for any seizures to take place, you must have cooperation at the local level, which they know they can't depend upon.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
I read that last night. Between that, the drones, and the militarization of police forces, it sounds like "they" are planning for some serious push back from the populace.
Do you have any idea how far-right most government workers are? I mean, I work for the government, and all of my co-workers worry about "the government" taking our guns? It makes no sense...I mean if anyone was going to take guns, it would be US. IMO, the radicals that worry about this stuff create the problem themselves, getting so paranoid, stocking up on all types of guns, that they start violating laws and other people's rights, and then feds have to go in after them, creating the paranoid situation they were so afraid of.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
Do you have any idea how far-right most government workers are? I mean, I work for the government, and all of my co-workers worry about "the government" taking our guns? It makes no sense...I mean if anyone was going to take guns, it would be US. IMO, the radicals that worry about this stuff create the problem themselves, getting so paranoid, stocking up on all types of guns, that they start violating laws and other people's rights, and then feds have to go in after them, creating the paranoid situation they were so afraid of.
it does attract an odd mix: t-tards & obamaphiles, but hardly anyone in the middle

that's been my experience, anyway

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Help, Help, I'm being repressed!

Almost 900 people are RSVPed for a July 4th march on Washington, D.C. where protesters plan to carry loaded rifles. In D.C., openly carrying guns is against the law. But the organizer of the event, libertarian radio host Adam Kokesh, says the march is an act of “civil disobedience” that attempts to prove gun advocates’ point in the “SUBTLEST way possible.”
The event’s Facebook invitation describes the march as a nonviolent demonstration, “unless the government chooses to make it violent”:
This is an act of civil disobedience, not a permitted event. We will march with rifles loaded & slung across our backs to put the government on notice that we will not be intimidated & cower in submission to tyranny. We are marching to mark the high water mark of government & to turn the tide. This will be a non-violent event, unless the government chooses to make it violent. Should we meet physical resistance, we will peacefully turn back, having shown that free people are not welcome in Washington, & returning with the resolve that the politicians, bureaucrats, & enforcers of the federal government will not be welcome in the land of the free.
There’s a remote chance that there will be violence as there has been from government before, and I think it should be clear that if anyone involved in this event is approached respectfully by agents of the state, they will submit to arrest without resisting. We are truly saying in the SUBTLEST way possible that we would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.
It is not exactly clear whether Kokesh will carry through with the event, since he says it needs to reach a critical mass of 10,000 RSVPs first. However, the National Rifle Association is newly reenergized after the Senate filibuster of background check legislation.
Salon’s Alex Seitz-Wald notes that Kokesh has expressed increasingly radical views on his show and on Twitter. Just this week, he called for the abolishment of the U.S. government.
Generally, open carry demonstrations have occurred in places with weaker gun laws, as well as a litmus test for how far gun violence laws can be challenged. Most recently, a group of men brought their rifles to intimidate moms who rallied for action on gun violence. “Another group brought guns into a Virginia public library full of children, while demonstrators in Oregon brandished assault rifles in the State Capitol.
Me thinks someone doesn't know what "subtle" means.

Last edited:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
if that "armed to the teeth w/ deadly weapons act of civil disobedience" goes through, each person could catch a couple federal charges, to include arms trafficking across state lines.

:popcorn:

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
More immigrant felons freed than initially reported

*more*????

PHOENIX -- Under pressure from lawmakers, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security has disclosed new details about the criminal backgrounds of some of the approximately 2,200 immigration detainees let out of custody in February in anticipation of spending cuts, revealing that 32 of the 622 convicted criminals released nationwide had multiple felony convictions.
multiple. felony. convictions.

also, Napolitano has said she didn't learn about the lower-level decision until after it happened.

i'm starting to see a theme here: lotsa people w/ lotsa power don't seem to weld any of it in the gathering of information arena.

jrock&co

Chimp
Feb 5, 2013
...republicans fault, dah.
Meanwhile,

Is Boehner still there?.... Good grief.
Boehner, McCain, l. Graham need to sign up for that one way trip to mars!
Take Christie too. Useless progressives.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Wonder if this was the same guy setting of dry ice bombs in the bathrooms? God, those must have been loud in an enclosed space. Good day to not be non-reving out of LAX.
LOS ANGELES -- It appears the TSA agent shot this morning four terminals over has died. That was the word carried by dozens of people who had decided to walk out of LAX in search of rental cars and whiskey, whose number I will be joining shortly. (One report has the shooter, in custody, as "a white man in a white shirt." Investigation is ongoing.) Terminal 7 is gradually coming to life again; flights here will be delayed, but we are not a crime scene, so things likely will get back to normal by nightfall. There are bomb squads with dogs wandering about. The ticketing area is abuzz with low cellphone conversations reassuring loved ones that everything's okay, and that folks are likely going to be a little late going home. Every now and again, a person in a TSA uniform will wander by. They have the 1000-yard stare going. The shock waves are weaker, but you can still feel them moving through the place. A cop just ran by. Everybody turned and stared.
There already is some talk about this event being a "random" one. But it is not. These things are becoming as regular as rain, as predictable as the summer heat. The only thing "random" about it is the shooter. He could be anyone, and that's the point. There are people who spend money making sure that he could be anyone, and there's nothing "random" about how they do that. There is nothing "random" about this country's ludicrous disinclination to regulate its firearms. There is nothing "random" about the millions of dollars that the NRA spends to convince people that they should have the right to carry their assault weapon anywhere they want to carry it, including into an airport terminal, if they so desire. There is nothing "random" about the politicians who truckle and bow to this lucrative monetization of bloody mayhem. These are all deliberate acts with predictable consequences. There is nothing "random" about how we have armed ourselves, and there is nothing "random" about the filigree of high-flown rhetoric with which we justify arming ourselves, and there is nothing "random" about how we learn nothing every time someone who could be anyone decides to exercise his Second Amendment rights by opening fire. There is nothing random about how we got where we are today, here in Terminal 7, where people have sought refuge from the bloodshed, four terminals over. There is nothing "random" at all. We have chosen insanity over reason. We have done it with our eyes open. It is time for me to walk out of the airport now. I am leaving behind a terrible event. But I am not leaving behind something accidental. I am leaving behind what America has determined must happen from time to time, if we are to be a free people. I am leaving behind what America has determined is part of the cost of being an American. I am leaving behind the blood that I am told I must accept as part of the price of being a member of a free society. I am leaving behind a place of death, and I am joining my fellow citizens, as we make an odd pilgrimage out of a place that is now another altar of the blood sacrifice that I am told we must make, regularly, in order to be truly free. I am a free citizen, I am told, of the Republic of Murder, my rights guaranteed by the Constitution of Moloch. I am leaving.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Gun control/not about race x-posts

"Moreover, most acts of terrorism are committed not with bombs or improvised weapons, but with firearms. And that points to an even greater point: The number of gun deaths in the United States in 2015 is projected to reach, by one estimate,33,000. That’s more than 11 September 11s in a single year. Even the number of incidents in the New America report involving gunfire—68 of the 74 deaths—shrinks in comparison to the annual toll of gun violence. Yet there’s far more political will to address terrorism than guns."

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/06/terrorism-threat/396749/?utm_source=SFFB

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
so who is for censoring our gun culture...please raise your hand?