Quantcast

Japanese Gultch 7-06-07 ride report with pictures (Not 56k friendly)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Ride started out with Stephen bailing on the step-up and getting a sweet crash (pics below). Later everyone started throwing down on the Step-up and I was getting some shots of that, later desided to get my man suit back and hit the step-up for the first time in forever. Was succesfull for awhile till I crashed with my face landing in the neddles (no fun), and later to crash again. Dylans friend also crashed on his first attempt on the step-up and desided that was enough. After roughly 2 hours (little less) of the step-up and drop in, we went to the DJs. Had a blast there with Dylan boosting left and right off that phatest DJs there, and we met some BMX guys with alot of bike trouble, but they were still throwing down occasionally. Basically everyone was hitting the DJs with good air and style. After all this, when Dylan went home with his bud, we went back to the step-up with the BMX guys. And this is where I learned how to succesfully clear the step-up and all the good stuff.

Heres some favorite pics!

Money shot.

Dylan's faces are ALWAYS the best

Almost everyone.

The BRIGHT BMX bike

My bike in the background (bighit with red highlights...)

Yes...thats Stephens head at the bottom of the picture...HUGE Jump by Dylan.

LOOK! I CAN ride my bike! wooh...

umm...

Oh boy...do I case.

Alright well I'll give a link to ALL the pictures soon.
Enjoy.

P.S. Interested in the original sized picture with no watermarks? Or maybe prints? Maybe you'd even like to donate? LET ME KNOW!

After all...camera gear is expensive.

:-D

All photos = Here...Photos by S.N. Schmitz (me)

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Haha yeah he was chillin with Jr. guess he got busted up earlier and cant ride right now. Great supporter and full of advice though! He was lots of help for all of us.

P.S. Corry, do the pics get your approval? They were taken with my Canon XTi with Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 with the built in flash ( :-D)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Daryl rules!!! I see him and his kids almost everywhere I ride. Definitely an avid rider and supporter...it shows in how both he and his kids ride.

Sweet shots. There were about 3x the amount of riders there than there was at any given time @ SST (where I was today).

BoltUpright

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
Bothell wa
Haha yeah he was chillin with Jr. guess he got busted up earlier and cant ride right now. Great supporter and full of advice though! He was lots of help for all of us.

Ya , I crashed hard at Whistler last sunday, went over the bars on the new wood booter on Dirt merchant . So Damien was the only one from my crue riding . Great pics Scott!
Pic from ER that night
5 days later ( bad hemotoma)

BoltUpright

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
Bothell wa
Daryl rules!!! I see him and his kids almost everywhere I ride. Definitely an avid rider and supporter...it shows in how both he and his kids ride.

Sweet shots. There were about 3x the amount of riders there than there was at any given time @ SST (where I was today).
Thanks Andy ! We were gonna head to SST this afternoon , Than I saw Muddy's thread , so Damien wanted to check out the gulch . We'll probably go to Sea tac tomorrow . Daryl

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
heh yeah thats pretty gnar.
I found the my waist has a phatty blue berry from the slide out/fall I took.

My wrist havent felt the same since that fall today...lol...they keep popping when I move them (i duno why?)

P.S. Daryl, if you have room, I'd love to go to SST...I've never been :plthumbsdown:

bent^biker

Turbo Monkey
Feb 22, 2006
pdx
sweet pics for sure, your focus has something against me though. I'll be passing a few of those up to brad if you don't mind, watermark included

lets not forget dylan was boostin those chainless,:disgust1: :shocked:

BoltUpright

Chimp
Sep 13, 2006
Bothell wa
heh yeah thats pretty gnar.
I found the my waist has a phatty blue berry from the slide out/fall I took.

My wrist havent felt the same since that fall today...lol...they keep popping when I move them (i duno why?)

P.S. Daryl, if you have room, I'd love to go to SST...I've never been :plthumbsdown:
Ya , we have room PM me your # . I'm not sure what time we'll go . Daryl

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
sweet pics for sure, your focus has something against me though. I'll be passing a few of those up to brad if you don't mind, watermark included
yeah I know...I could never solve that problem, no matter what I adjusted!

Thats cool.

slim

Chimp
May 24, 2007
Seattle
pics are good, but..........

you should zoom out, or back off a bit, and always try to include some perspective, like the take-off, landing, or both. try to avoid the "guy in the sky". you're catching riders at the right moment, but you can't tell if they're a foot off the ground or a hundred feet. that's where the perspective comes in. nice start, though, and it looks like a really fun spot.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Slim, Yeah thanks...I've been working on that. My trick is to focus the rider, and still show some perspective. Its hard to get it all in with a crappy stock flash. But I think I'll have better luck with my 430EX when it comes tomaro.