Quantcast

Japanese Gultch

Jun 18, 2004
anybody been riding there lately?

if all goes well, and I make it back from my new lady friends house in time, I'll be out there around 10 or 11ish tommrrow... there will be 2 of us...

if not it'll be later in the day...

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
It's getting into the fall messy stage already and today won't help. Unfortunately, the soil has got a lot of clay in it and both climbing and descending is no fun from now until about April-May. The Upper South side where the DJs are may be alright though. Not worth it unless you live right by there during the wet months. July-Sept it's pretty awesome though.

Jun 18, 2004
Yeah I forgot how much clay is out there in the soil...

all the leaves w/clay reminded me of the last time I tried to ride Marginal dh in similar conditions... leaves/clay/roots are about as slippy as I've ever seen it... almost like riding on snow in the city or something...

I rode e38 yest on my big hit bike and found it easier than Jap Gulch on my Allmtn bike in todays conditions...

I think I'll wait for some dry days before I head back out there again...

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
it's sick. wet roots, wet rocks, muddy, but still gobs of traction. dirt is nice and soft, rocks are still painfully hard as Andrew found out. KR was nice, Gate wasn't bad either. It was only the second time riding gate. lower HMO was super nice. I didn't ride warm up, so I'm not sure how that was. But the dirts good. For how hard it was raining, I'd be suprised if there's any point where it's not ridable, but i've never ridden much dh in the winter.