Quantcast

Jax Monkeys?

Is there anyone in Jacksonville who wants to ride? I live on the Navy base (Mayport) and have started riding Hanna park on the weekend. I get my new bike next week and could use someone to ride with to help me stay motivated to get out and ride. If anyone knows any other good places to ride in the area, I'd be interested in learning about them too.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
good luck bro, i posted about coming to jax for a business trip and wanting some folks to ride with but all i got were crickets. there has GOT to be a decent street/urban scene there, i mean...it's a pretty big city. i'll be back down for a week in may and would love to hook up for a ride then.

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
If it weren't a few hours away I'd go there for the urban stuff, as for dirt I'm pretty sure you got a few hours to go. I feel your pain dude, I'm from Kingston WA originally and being this far south really sucks since there's no real mountains.

Ya, I hate it down here. I grew up in Bellingham and Ferndale, WA. I'm only stuck here till October, I can only hope the Navy lets me go somewhere with better riding.

I'm interested in doing some urban riding. I'm fascinated by some of the trials and urban videos I have seen. I've just never done a lot of that type or riding.

manimal, definitely hit me up the next time your in the area.

rapp, where are you located? Once work settles down a little here soon, I'll probably start taking some trips down to Santos and other places.

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
I'm up at the Marine Air Station in Beaufort, SC, about 10 minutes from Parris Island. I can make it down there in 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I got a lot of stuff to do this weekend, but usually I'm free.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
ahahahahahaha! beaufort! sorry dude, hate it for ya. Cherry Point?
Beaufort is the east coast version of 29 Palms, CA. i think i'd have killed myself if i was ever stationed there.

deathrow - you're in a prime spot to start tooling around with some street riding. not much elevation change but a whole lot of concrete jungle to explore. and definitely make the drive to santos ASAP! such a sweet place for both XC and stunts. :thumb:

rapp

Monkey
Sep 30, 2006
Beaufort, SC
ahahahahahaha! beaufort! sorry dude, hate it for ya. Cherry Point?
Beaufort is the east coast version of 29 Palms, CA. i think i'd have killed myself if i was ever stationed there.
Funny how they can build bases where there's absolutely nothing to do, isn't it? What I wouldn't give to go back to Pendleton. At least Clemson's about 4 hours away, and they got a decent skatepark here. The vert's pretty big but that's what I got a helmet for.