Quantcast

Jedi built up! Weight 36.8lbs and Initial ride thoughts.

banrider

Monkey
Nov 24, 2004
Bullcrew, do you happen to know what's the max rear tire clearence?the tire seems to be pretty tight...

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Nice. Won't the switch from 888 to boxxer change a bit to much? The forks are quite different in height.

BTW. No leakage issues with rocco? Heard a lot of bad things about it.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Nowhere near a 65 degree head angle. Go find a picture of a DHR or M6 or Foes or any DH race bike on flat ground and put it up next to that shot.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
OK the Canfield brothers are wrong! I based it off an engineering geo sheet for production models. But your probably right the good ol eyeball test is always accurate, Ill go kick some tires now to make sure they have the appropriate pressure! :thumb:

Heres an engineering overlay as well:

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006

I guess Turner is on crack then.

Edit: '08 888's are 15mm or so lower than the '07 888's also

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
That pic the bars are to the left and leaning a little more away wich is going to give it a bit of a perception difference.
Im not going to bicker with you, its based on a production chart for geo that is being used to produce a bike. YOur eyes and comp engineering stats are 2 different things as well as tire size, adjustment on the fork max/min, front tire 2.35/2.5 etc all play a little difference on it anywase.
Damn if someone says the world is round are you going to break out and argue its more egg shaped towards the axis???? Their are variables and I'll take the schematic over you anyday!

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
Actually from that viewpoint it doesn't matter where the forks rotation is. Tire sizes are the same F/R on the Turner. That '08 888 is already in it's lowest position too. Look at any other modern race bike then look at yours. It's more than just some fraction of a degree off....

Considering your engineering sheet doesn't even line up right, I'm not taking it real seriously.

Hope Banshee gets their version of it right.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sweet ride, hope to hear some more ride reports.

The picking nits over the head angle is funny. You guys could both just use an angle finder to measure the actual angle on the bike instead of going by what a chart or manufacturer says.

seismic

Turbo Monkey
Dec 22, 2003
South East Asia
F1: reliable, trustworthy, confidence inspiring, solid, lands like it meant to do it no matter what hit it takes. It has your back on gnarly stuff.
Cornering is good as long as you muscle a bit but thats any sled style bike, pedaling has a 2 word secret to kame it happen "sit down". Do not try and pedal unless you holds your body weight over the bars and pedal.

Jedi: Same as 1st couple of lines up top but corners like its on rails, shorter chain stay so it ups the front at will (good feature) and pedals insanely easy standing or sitting. Its super easy to pop on the pedals and you feel it come alive like a trail bike.

Im keeping both, the f1 is my FR/huck/urban and sometimes DH race bike. I love this bike and will not part ways with it, it'ss stay till the aluminum disintegrates into dust :D.
The jedi is definently a race oriented DH bike that can be FR oriented if needed.
It has the good charecteristics of the F1 and elimintes any issues the f1 has.
Dont get me wrong I trust my F1 and its been the best bike to date, I know how to ride it and it ROCKS.

Thanks for the review !

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Right at 65.5 head angle, I bought an angle finder and also took it over to the fab shop and had it zeroed out. The fork is 3/8ths on an inch from the max out position. I cant get the max out unless I face the head tube down 1/4" and take the damper assembley from under the upper headset.
I talked to ronnie at marz to get a exact measurement for the fork and its right at 574mm axle/crown. At maxx its 584mm. 1/2" is 12.25mm so 3/8th theoretically is 10mm less = 574mm

I talked to Chris and his is exactly 65.5 with the boxxer wc lowered down as well.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
just met up w/ bullcrew for a bit and got to put a leg over this beast, but only long enough to do a parking lot test. wow, it does not feel like a dh bike at all; much more like a trail bike. darn light and supa nimble.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
just met up w/ bullcrew for a bit and got to put a leg over this beast, but only long enough to do a parking lot test. wow, it does not feel like a dh bike at all; much more like a trail bike. darn light and supa nimble.
:D:D:D:D:D
Sold thE totem, getting my replacement fork tomorrow! :banana: Yes Adam Im not waithing to try and get used to the fox 40 rc2, Im getting my 888 ata WC again. I knew you had one so I have to copy you!:happydance:

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
I would assume...
The rearward is what sets the F1 suspension apart from the rest. The F1's had 50mm of lengthening between the BB and the rear axle, which is why if feels like the wheel just gets out of the way of the bump. The Jedi has over 60mm which is a ton and the upper pulley is set up just right to pedal great and isolate the rider from bump, pedal and brake input.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
How tall are you? I'm considering getting one. Could you post a few more shots from different angles?
6'3"
Theres plenty of pics flying around. I cant imagine what angle youd like but if needed I will. I will give you the bro deal, .75 per pic and $5 to look at them then theres the posting fee and upload fee followed by the atm transaction.
Tell you what send me $50 and well call it even! :banana:

+ I got 2 buddys down here now that have gotten the Jedi as well.

here it is with a 66 rc3

again with a fox 40rc2

I have one with the 888 ATA WC somewhere from last week

Marz 888 WC (someone elses)

white brothers fork (someone elses)

Another one:

JewBagel

Monkey
Apr 22, 2008
oregon
Thanks! Turns out seeing it with more than one build was a better visual than different angles. I've been looking at a whole bunch of bikes, but it's down to this, the Dark Cycles Scarab, and a Sunday. I've always been leaning towards this and will get one for sure if I can get it in un painted. I talked to chris about this a few months back and it looks like it'd be a possibility if I talked to him enough in advance.

schwinnstr8

Monkey
Aug 21, 2002
East Los
Yeah and what I get no love for my forks!
BTW I have a 888 ata WC for it! :D :D and some white deity dirty thirty bars coming in!
As wellas ordered white lowers for the 40 and a upper crown with direct mount stem holes! :D:D:D:D
LMAO:happydance: Oh C'mon...you know i think your bikes are P-I-M-P...MORE LIKE HUSTLERS...you got be a hustler if you can own and swap out all those fork like that. I think i need to get in the sticker biz:brows:

zspecial

Chimp
Jul 2, 2004
I would assume...
The rearward is what sets the F1 suspension apart from the rest. The F1's had 50mm of lengthening between the BB and the rear axle, which is why if feels like the wheel just gets out of the way of the bump. The Jedi has over 60mm which is a ton and the upper pulley is set up just right to pedal great and isolate the rider from bump, pedal and brake input.
Ah, I see how you're measuring this now. I was under the impression you were measuring like other measurements have been done for other bikes, its around 30mm in those terms.

flymybike

Monkey
Jan 7, 2004
Jackson Hole
Both ways of measuring work but the actual distance change is easier to compare and more accurate if you don't have the exact model. The other way you need the bike to stay perfectly level, which is fine for design, just doesn't really happen much when your riding.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Are you running a stock LG-1 backplate on the Jedi? If so how much adjustment have you got with the guide/taco and does the taco still protect the chain ring well?