Quantcast

Jedi with a Totem

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
So I picked up a second hand Jedi off a Monkey member and super stoked to get it built and and ride it. This will be my bike for South Africa and unfortunately I am only going to have it ready in November so its a fair wait yet. I have all the components apart for wheelset and fork. I have never been on anything other than a Totem the fact that I know how to service it, tune it and I have spares for it. I prefer tight technical riding and lean more to FR but moving back to South Africa might change that. From my last trip home and scouting trails it is alot rougher than in Korea and I think more open. I need to decide on a fork so I can get it ordered up. I would like to go with a Totem for reasons already stated and the fact that I can carry the same spares for the Totem on my Delerium and the Totem for the Jedi. Anyone tried a single crown on a Jedi? Will I loose the any real benefits and cripple the Jedi?
The only other option I am considering is a Boxxer team. Available in SA so parts and back up is no problem. I am loving the sound of the avy upgrade at a later date. I just dont know how it will feel compared to a single crown and if it will suit my style. Avy for a totem would be the nuts.:eek:

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
The Totem on my Delerium has a 1.5" steerer. If it was compatible with the Jedi I could run it to test and decide from there. As it is I am in the dark.