Quantcast

Jeff Lenosky...

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Was in the Valley of the Sun saturday to show everyone else how much their skills suck:

His ride:

The big man in action:

Super nice and humble guy!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
He was at Mountain Bike weekend in Jim Thrope PA last June. Awesome show!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I like lenosky alot. I dont know why incorporating trials into all forms of MTB hasnt happened yet, but I sure do my best to make it happen. There is a video out a few years old called "Contact" and its really what inspired me to start hopping around on my back wheel. People look at me like Im retarded doing that on a bullit down rocks and stuff, but its alot of fun either way. Lenosky owns.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
BS, check out the ryan leech vid _Manifesto_...it's insane. he's done a great job of injecting a lot of fluidity into his riding; no awkward start/stops typical of a lot of trials riding.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
douglas said:
he did a show at a race I was at last year, yeah he can ride but he seemed like an asshole
He walked past me and offered his hand and thanked me for being there, and spent a lot of energy making the groms laugh. If I was required to travel so much and perform on demand like a circus freak, I would be the biggest asshole ever. Hell, I'm borderline now.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stinkyboy said:
He walked past me and offered his hand and thanked me for being there, and spent a lot of energy making the groms laugh. If I was required to travel so much and perform on demand like a circus freak, I would be the biggest asshole ever. Hell, I'm borderline now.

If I got to travel, and my job was to ride my bike for 15 minutes, I'd be beyond happy

J

JRB

stinkyboy said:
OK, what'd I miss...
You know the part about explaining jokes making them not funny??? Here goes. I found irony in you using the word "borderline" and for some reason Madonna popped into my head, embarassingly enough.

Funny that Douglas thinks Lenowsky is an ass, but the rest of the world thinks he rocks.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
well I only saw him once....the place only allowed bikes on race day, and it was announced a million times helmets on at all times while riding...so guess who warms up w/o a helmet in this big rock garden, they had to tell him repeatedly to put a helmet but he kept warming up & got pissed when they finally got him to stop..of course now theres a bunch of kids with no helmets trying to ride in those rocks :dead:

I also know someone that has compted against (and beat) him, and he's opinion of the dude is the same as mine (ass)

J

JRB

douglas said:
well I only saw him once....the place only allowed bikes on race day, and it was announced a million times helmets on at all times while riding...so guess who warms up w/o a helmet in this big rock garden, they had to tell him repeatedly to put a helmet but he kept warming up & got pissed when they finally got him to stop..of course now theres a bunch of kids with no helmets trying to ride in those rocks :dead:

I also know someone that has compted against (and beat) him, and he's opinion of the dude is the same as mine (ass)
Fair enough to hold that against him. I think a lot of pros are lame when they ride without helmets.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
loco said:
I found irony in you using the word "borderline" and for some reason Madonna popped into my head, embarassingly enough.
I'm unfamiliar with her library/lyrics as hopefully many others on this site are, so unless your posting at teenbeat.com, there was no evidence of comedy.

J

JRB

kidwoo said:
Jeff lenosky raped my village and burned down my wife. When I expressed concern, he kicked me in the nuts and took my derailleur out of alignment.
You should ride your single speed around him.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
douglas said:
he did a show at a race I was at last year, yeah he can ride but he seemed like an asshole
Not really true at all, i was working with schwinn on a demo about 5 years ago and hung with him for the weekend, real down to earth nice guy...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Not really true at all, i was working with schwinn on a demo about 5 years ago and hung with him for the weekend, real down to earth nice guy...
maybe he just likes dudes in chick pants?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
was that demo in CT? my buddy vaughn is supposed to be doing a few demos w/ lenosky in that area. if you do make sure to say hi to vaughn, he's a classy fellow and fun to hang out with. i don't know why everyone has been drinking some much haterade because of jeff. i had a chance to ride some natural trials with him a few weeks ago and i must say he's just an all around nice guy.

AtTheGates

Monkey
Mar 5, 2003
When I was at Ray's in Jan. Lenoski was there. He pretty much chilled by himself, rolling around checking stuff out throwing a random 3 over something. He seemed pretty cool, he spent a while with a younger kid working on trials stuff, later we were both getting a drink and he make some funny comment. I also saw him in spandex ( back when he was on schwinn) at the warped tour a while back, seemed cool then too.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I imagine one thing that would suck about being a pro would be, if you ever were just having a sh!tty day and didn't feel like talking to everyone that recognizes you, you're bound to piss someone off and they will spend the rest of their life posting on message boards about how much of an asshole you are.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
douglas said:
so you want my job?

Actually, I am perfectly happy where I am, and don't think I would trade it to travel all over the country, away from family and friends, riding bikes for people who think I am an asshole.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Lenosky has been in the scene for awhile and has really stepped up his game.

I remember his old interview in Oberserved Trials Magazine. He was one of the few Americans with any chance of doing well against the French and Spanish. For a whle he seemed like the biggest shmuck of all time, just doing basic BMX tricks on a MTB and getting paid for it, but he's progressed quite a bit and has really upped the ante. Plus, he holds that huge jam in his backyard every year, that's pretty rad.

A lot of BMXers were really hating on him when he was making large pay checks, doing basic BMX tricks in vids, but now that he's paid his dues by learning some new stuff, he's regained "status" or whatever in the eyes of a lot of 20" riders. And that's pretty hard to do.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Jeff lived near where I did in NJ. He would come into the shop I worked at (he worked there back in the day) sometimes. Always seemed like a cool guy. Saw him randomly at a local park once with his wife and kid and he seemed fine with me talking to him. Some of the shop dudes rode with him a bit and thought he was a nice guy, not to mention an awesome rider.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
laura said:
Actually, I am perfectly happy where I am, and don't think I would trade it to travel all over the country, away from family and friends, riding bikes for people who think I am an asshole.

then its weird that you would say the grass is always greener :confused: