Quantcast

Jehova's Witnesses

What should I have done?

• Told them no thanks and have a good night.

Votes: 21 26.6%
  • Invited them in for tea.

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Invited them in and seduce the cute one.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Invited them in and seduced them both.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Invited them in and asked them to seduce each other.

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Slammed the door in their face

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Just locked the door without acknowledging them.

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
So a pair of them came to my door a few minutes ago. Mind you it's raining out, fairly hard. The one chick was at least rather attractive for a door to door religious-ite but the other chick was just too old and wore way too much makeup. They were asking for the woman who moved out a month ago, but when I explained she moved, they asked if I was interested in Jesus.

I kindly said "No thanks, not interested" and wished them a good evening.

Should I have: (see poll)

F.O.G

Monkey
Feb 8, 2005
Monterey, CA
I have to say what my grandfather used to tell them had to be the best... He would answer the door and they would start with their typical speech, he would ask them to hold on for a second and would go into the house and retrive his folded US flag. He would hold the flag and aks them to salute it, he them told them if they wouldn't salute his flag he would not care to hear them out, and turn and shut the door.

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
F.O.G said:
I have to say what my grandfather used to tell them had to be the best... He would answer the door and they would start with their typical speech, he would ask them to hold on for a second and would go into the house and retrive his folded US flag. He would hold the flag and aks them to salute it, he them told them if they wouldn't salute his flag he would not care to hear them out, and turn and shut the door.
Strange thing here is these two didn't launch into the spiel, they were very polite and friendly at the beginning. They weren't at ALL pushy about it, which is a nice change from the ones in Ithaca.

The cute one had to have noticed I was staring at her little badge, which was resting on her cleavage. Hrm...

And SS, wasn't she cute? :devil:

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Apparantly you should tell a Johoho that you used to be a Joho yourself. Never done it but apparantly they will literally run from you.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
robdamanii said:
Really? Wonder why. Perhaps the conversion factor is too much.
Meh...It's prolly cause they get taught that if you left the faith, that you're infested with the devil or some stupid sh*t like that...

Oddly enough, I saw two at my LBS awhile back (summer of 2004 I believe...) and they were shopping for bikes... Couple days later I saw them riding around on them door-to-door in my neighborhood...

They must've been the lazy ones.

And, yes, if anyone is thinking of asking, I did try to hit them with my car. :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :stosh:

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
bluebug32 said:
Holy heaven...I don't even know where to begin on this one... :confused: :rolleyes:
blue how do you.....
wtf is he..........

i dont know im stumped.. I feel for you.. your going right to heaven

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
dude my Secretary at work is a JW. She's 18-19, works really hard, earns decent money, etc. etc.

Here's what get's me, her dad drops her off, and picks her up from work everyday, she's got to be home every night by 10pm if she goes out with girl friends, and if she goes out with a boy, he must be a JW himself, and they have to have one of their parents go along with them.

The other day, when she told me all this, I said I felt sorry for her, and I swear she almost broke down in tears.

She's got a good job, and seems to be pretty bright.

I'm predicting she cracks, and uses some of her hard earned money to go out and get a place of her own, far away from the other psyco's she's been living with her whole life.

It's a pretty sad situation if you ask me.

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
I used to spray them with a supersoaker, through the mail slot on my door.
It took a few times, but eventually they figured out they weren't wanted.

Also, the JWs in my neighborhood were always the old ones...if they were cute they would have gotten an: "Oops, my bad. I thought you were my friend, we're having a water fight. Would you like to come in and dry off?"

I actually know quite a few younger JWs, they party harder than most people I know. Rebelling against such a conservative religion, I guess...

Geoff G.

Monkey
Sep 6, 2004
scituate mass
I a kid that saw them coming down the street, so he thought of the worst thing he could say to them. when he opens the door he says "JESUS DESERVED IT" They almost cried

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Geoff G. said:
I a kid that saw them coming down the street, so he thought of the worst thing he could say to them. when he opens the door he says "JESUS DESERVED IT" They almost cried
so wrong and yet so funny.

Crazy Sweeper

more COWBELL!
Jun 4, 2004
In a box
My dad answered the door with his bathrobe wide open one time. It started as an accident, but it worked great. They ran away, and they haven't bothered him since.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
you dumbass, I sent them to you......they're stripper friends of mine that had to go up your way..........only if you invited them in....

you disapoint me

maybe, I should have told them to go w/their cathlic school girl outfits