• I would buy at least one of each

Votes: 13 28.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
There's been several attempts over the years to rally the masses and get a Ridemonkey jersey ordered. I've been giving serious consideration to really doing it this time. No, really.

What I need to find out is if there is enough interest to make it worth the effort.

This is a rough idea of how it would go down:

- Two options will be available: short sleeve XC-style, long sleeve DH-style
- $65-$75 including shipping and PayPal fee (price break could happen if we get enough orders) I'm hoping to not go above $65.
- 50% deposit due with order, balance when it is ready to ship
- Several designs will be posted for voting to decide on 1 design to print.

I welcome design ideas, but don't post them here. RM management holds ultimate veto power on designs, so everything will go through them to narrow the choices down before Lounge voting. If you have ideas, email me at voodoo7189(at)yahoo.com.

Interested?

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I would like to get one, but it depends on the disposable income if & when this actually happens. So, I said yes, but it still kinda depends on final cost and stuff.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I'm confident that BikeGeek is more reliable than Full Trucker. I suppose we'll never know why FT bailed on all of us for no reason, but I'm confident that Tim will not.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Echo said:
I'm confident that BikeGeek is more reliable than Full Trucker. I suppose we'll never know why FT bailed on all of us for no reason, but I'm confident that Tim will not.
:stupid:

Not sure what happened with FT. He even had me convinced.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
Who will make them? I've worked with Voler for the past 4 years and they are really good. I think we should let the sponsors of the forum know and see if they would like to buy spacing on the jerseys. I wouldn't mind having a "Plus sized women's clothing" ad on the top of my U pannel bib shorts ;)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Carbon Fetish said:
Who will make them? I've worked with Voler for the past 4 years and they are really good. I think we should let the sponsors of the forum know and see if they would like to buy spacing on the jerseys. I wouldn't mind having a "Plus sized women's clothing" ad on the top of my U pannel bib shorts ;)
I've been talking with the folks at Verge.

I've thought about contacting beer.com and webcyclery, but I'm not sure how logo placement works. Right now the rough designs I have aren't using any of the colors found in either sponsers' logos. Each time a color is added to a jersey, the price goes up by about $10 per jersey. I need to call Verge again and see if sponser logos are an exception. I doubt they are. I'd love it if our sponsers wanted to kick in some money to make these cheaper for everyone, but I don't know if anyone would kick in enough to cover the cost increase of adding a color.

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
My two cents. Keep it in two colors green, grey and white as a non-color. You can do the logos in those colors and work with fades to your advantage to create more colors. I've learned that white as a main color on a mtn jersey doesn't work. I still have mud stains in some of jerseys that have a lot of white in them. Voler offers a discount if you allow them to print their logo in on three locations on the jersey. Does Verge do something like that?

Attachments

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Carbon Fetish said:
My two cents. Keep it in two colors green, grey and white as a non-color. You can do the logos in those colors and work with fades to your advantage to create more colors. I've learned that white as a main color on a mtn jersey doesn't work. I still have mud stains in some of jerseys that have a lot of white in them. Voler offers a discount if you allow them to print their logo in on three locations on the jersey. Does Verge do something like that?
Good advice on the white, I'll keep that in mind. Verge does the logo thing too; I believe it's placed on the collar on either side of the zipper. Actually, what I've found is that with the major comapnies (Verge, Voler, Sugoi), the logo is standard and they tack on a charge to take it out of the design.

After the hype from the last attempt, I'll believe it when I see it. When a post finally says, "Hey, they're available NOW" I'll buy an XL DH one. Until then, I'll just be content to sit idly by and watch as the hype builds to a flamming inferno of crash and burn. (That there's a challenge if you missed it....)

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Looks like we can at least meet the minimum order. I'm calling tomorrow to put down a deposit reserving a spot on the production line. :thumb:

Carbon Fetish

Monkey
May 6, 2002
Irvine, CA
BikeGeek said:
Looks like we can at least meet the minimum order. I'm calling tomorrow to put down a deposit reserving a spot on the production line. :thumb:
Um... my 2 cents. Before you place a deposit, you should get money from the Ridemonkey members who want to pre-order so you don't get burned. And charge a few bucks ($5?) more for jerseys for those who don't pre-order so people will be more willing to pre-order uniforms. I would like to see design proofs before I shell out any cash.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
The deposit reserves us a delivery date; most likely the first week of June. When the time comes, I'm not accepting any orders without a 50% deposit because I need to send half with the order. Right now, there is no pre-order/buy later option, you order it, or you don't get one. I'd love to have some on hand for later, but right now I don't have the money to do it. If we don't reach the minimum, we either extend ordering time, which pushes back delivery, or we cancel altogether and everything gets refunded.

Designs are coming. I'm working with a friend who is a graphic designer, but real life keeps getting in the way. We're meeting again next Wed. and I should have something to show after that.