Quantcast

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Wildwood, NJ 1994:

Guido Beach:

I went to HS with douchebags just like this back in the late 80's, Upstate NY. Those people getting pissed at MTV are retarded. It's the east coast plague.

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Wildwood, NJ 1994:

Guido Beach:

I went to HS with douchebags just like this back in the late 80's, Upstate NY. Those people getting pissed at MTV are retarded. It's the east coast plague.
Don't play both at the same time, it could very well open a portal that will allow an unholy beast to get through.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Wildwood, NJ 1994:

Guido Beach:

Okay......

So I'll admit, I've spent my entire life in the West (since I've been old enough to remember anyway), in fact Colorado is as far east as I've ever lived. I'm a bit ignorant of life on the East Coast because of this, but that cannot be real can it? I thought this Guido phenomenon was just some weird isolated culture thing but its not is it? :twitch:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Okay......

So I'll admit, I've spent my entire life in the West (since I've been old enough to remember anyway), in fact Colorado is as far east as I've ever lived. I'm a bit ignorant of life on the East Coast because of this, but that cannot be real can it? I thought this Guido phenomenon was just some weird isolated culture thing but its not is it? :twitch:
I don't know what would qualify it as isolated or not but, god damn, it is prevalent enough if you are in the right (read: wrong) places. When I lived in Jersey I used to go to the YMCA to work out- not in a town that is guido central or anything- but, holy crap, guidos love lifting weights. There were always ridiculous-looking meathead guidos there. Always. I never understood how people could be so self-satisfied with entirely living into a (ridiculous, terrible) stereotype.

My only real issue is that they give Jersey a bad name. I love Jersey but the reality of the guido is a hard thing to live with. However, as a few people have noted, Long Island and its environs are perhaps the guido/shore-trash center of gravity. Just another example of New York giving Jersey their crap while stealing the good stuff (the Jets, Statue of Liberty, Frank Sinatra, etc.)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I don't know what would qualify it as isolated or not but, god damn, it is prevalent enough if you are in the right (read: wrong) places. When I lived in Jersey I used to go to the YMCA to work out- not in a town that is guido central or anything- but, holy crap, guidos love lifting weights. There were always ridiculous-looking meathead guidos there. Always. I never understood how people could be so self-satisfied with entirely living into a (ridiculous, terrible) stereotype.

My only real issue is that they give Jersey a bad name. I love Jersey but the reality of the guido is a hard thing to live with. However, as a few people have noted, Long Island and its environs are perhaps the guido/shore-trash center of gravity. Just another example of New York giving Jersey their crap while stealing the good stuff (the Jets, Statue of Liberty, Frank Sinatra, etc.)
My cousins lived in River Edge, a nice suburb in NJ. They were smart people, surrounded with other smart people.

While we can all laugh at the Guido culture, any major urban area can claim this kind of fools.

Take "The Most Hated" MC of Hayward, for example:

Man Leads CHP 160-Mile Chase, Reaching Speeds Of 120 MPH

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Can't blame all of the east coast
<-- North of guidos, south of canadians

I don't think I've ever met one of these bronzed goons.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
My wife and I decided to have a few friends over last week to watch Jersey Shore. But we had to do it right. We had a Jersey Shore/Douchebag Party. And it was GRAND.

Needless to say we were first pumpin' like CHAMPS.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
people who dress up and act like jersey douchebags to be funny/ironic are almost as annoying as the people they are making fun of, imo.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Caught up on the shows last night. My wife was hesitant to watch but I tied her to the couch and tooth picked her eyes open. She was googling videos this morning on my way out the door for a fix.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Caught up on the shows last night. My wife was hesitant to watch but I tied her to the couch and tooth picked her eyes open. She was googling videos this morning on my way out the door for a fix.
You have your wife tied to the couch & you watch MTV with her?!?!?!
:think:
FAIL!!!!!!!!
:D

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
http://www.bennygohome.com/

I haven't seen much of the show but I'm guessing most of the people on it are a$$holes from NY and north NJ - or as people born and raised in the area call bennys. I live just a couple miles from the ocean and our area is not like that at all. Even for a guy raised in Western MA and VT, it's enjoyable and very mellow - a lot more surf and beach inspired than the gym and club.

On the bike end - lots of local people and kids ride to the beach. Tons of cruisers and roadies getting miles in but enjoying the breeze off the ocean even in the hot summer. There is some really good mtn biking in the area. Maybe not New England caliber sniggle but it will put a smile on many rider's face - 2 or 3 spots all within a mile or 2 of the beach. Even a few DJ spots hidden in various places. Get laps at the trails in the morning and then get laps on the waves in the afternoon.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
"The cast takes pride in their ethnicity. In fact, it is a key driver of how they bond with each other and self-identify. They refer to themselves as 'guidos' in a positive manner."
Like how black people use the n-word amongst themselves?