Quantcast

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
people who dress up and act like jersey douchebags to be funny/ironic are almost as annoying as the people they are making fun of, imo.
Agreed!

http://www.bennygohome.com/

I haven't seen much of the show but I'm guessing most of the people on it are a$$holes from NY and north NJ - or as people born and raised in the area call bennys. I live just a couple miles from the ocean and our area is not like that at all. Even for a guy raised in Western MA and VT, it's enjoyable and very mellow - a lot more surf and beach inspired than the gym and club.

On the bike end - lots of local people and kids ride to the beach. Tons of cruisers and roadies getting miles in but enjoying the breeze off the ocean even in the hot summer. There is some really good mtn biking in the area. Maybe not New England caliber sniggle but it will put a smile on many rider's face - 2 or 3 spots all within a mile or 2 of the beach. Even a few DJ spots hidden in various places. Get laps at the trails in the morning and then get laps on the waves in the afternoon.

thats kinda refreshing, the wife wants to get out that way on a mini vacation but I keep saying no no no hell no. But knowing that there's "another side" to the area could change my mind.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
http://www.bennygohome.com/

I haven't seen much of the show but I'm guessing most of the people on it are a$$holes from NY and north NJ - or as people born and raised in the area call bennys. I live just a couple miles from the ocean and our area is not like that at all.
your area isnt like that because who the hell wants to go to Red Bank??

people form South Jersey are the worst and the South attracts people who are exactly like the people on the show, so im glad im from North Jersey

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Dude that punched the skank is the face is from Deer Park, NY which is in Long Island, NY. I'm sure you can relate since you live in Orange County with the Teutul's
Ha, totally.

The one girl on the show is from Poughkeepsie which is in my "area".

Westy's from there too. ;) I'm sure he's thinking of moving back there now.

Last edited:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA

people form South Jersey are the worst and the South attracts people who are exactly like the people on the show, so im glad im from North Jersey

fvck it, I ain't goin!!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ

I did make a mistake and say North Jersey people were coming down and giving the shore a bad name. Yes, there are a lot of very nice places in N. Jersey and some fantastic bike trails up there as well - I'm guessing you are from one of them. But like I said, there are certainly some a$$holes from up there that come down to the Shore. Thankfully I don't see many of them in our area.

Like you said, who would want to go to Dead Bank? Hopefully no one so there will be more room on the beaches, the rivers, and trails for me.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Suite!

Despite protests, lost advertisers and the threat of losing more, MTV's programming president says the network has "no intention" of altering its controversial new series Jersey Shore, and that the heavy backlash was unanticipated.

"To be 100 percent honest, no, even as an Italian-American. I just wanted to be cautious about toning down the partying," Tony DiSanto told The Hollywood Reporter. "It never crossed my mind this would be offensive. ... Everybody is welcome to their own POV. It bums me out that some people are offended."

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Your Jersey Shore nickname is: Hard Hat
RM: Your Jersey Shore nickname is: Bones

Fist Pumps, Knuckle Bumps, and Blown out hayer!!!!!! :rockout:

kidwithbike

Monkey
Apr 16, 2007
Hoboken, NJ
i am dying laughing.

I put my first and last name in, i got

"the sausage party"

I grew up on the North Shore of Long Island, and now i live in Jersey City, right near Hoboken. I have been unable to avoid this demographic for most of my life. it can be painful in real life but the show is painfully hilarious.

IH8rice, that guy Ronnie on the show, i think his last name is Kreuger, looks like our boy is hitting the juice and tanning pretty freaking heavy.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Enjoyed this work of art TV show last night. After reading this thread it was pretty funny. I do wish they had cast some girls that was just a little bit slutty.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Last night was chocked full of comedy gold. Chick was dating a married guy and got all butt hurt because he didn't want to be on camera, so she got kicked out and left.

The love triangle lasted one night and now Sammi is done with 2 of the 4 dudes in the house and it's only day 5?

Jwoww told her man she made out with Pauly at the club and he dumped her ass. Now it looks like she will end up with Ronnie for at least a few hours.

Damn, I missed so much goodness growing up on the west coast. Thank god for MTV