Quantcast

Jerseys and Screen Printing

metalMTB

Monkey
Sep 14, 2005
700
3
Richmond, VA
Some friends and me are starting a team for next season and we need jerseys. Does anyone know of an online shop that sells jerseys and can do screen printing for us? I know I can get it done around here but I think it will just be a lot easier to get it all done from one place. Thanks.
 

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
1,894
0
Boston Area
I think that you will have a hard time finding a jersey company that does screen printing. The jersey companies tend to use more expensive techniques. My gf went through the whole process. She bought plain jersies of the same color and had a t-shirt printer do the graphics. I don't know if there are different processes, but the jersies are hand-wash only b/c of how the ink bonds to the synthetic fabric.
 

DHZombie

Chimp
Jul 12, 2005
88
0
Leesburg, VA
Repack said:
I think that you will have a hard time finding a jersey company that does screen printing. The jersey companies tend to use more expensive techniques. My gf went through the whole process. She bought plain jersies of the same color and had a t-shirt printer do the graphics. I don't know if there are different processes, but the jersies are hand-wash only b/c of how the ink bonds to the synthetic fabric.
The process required for screen printing to synthetic materials (such as jersys) is a process known as sublimation printing.

I was given this information by the owner of a large screen printing business. He stated that most screen printing companies (smaller operations) are not set up to perform this type of process.

I hope that this will help you in finding a capable screening shop.
 

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
227
0
In the 909
metalMTB said:
Some friends and me are starting a team for next season and we need jerseys. Does anyone know of an online shop that sells jerseys and can do screen printing for us? I know I can get it done around here but I think it will just be a lot easier to get it all done from one place. Thanks.
Here you Go
The Hot shop
 

Threepointtwo

Monkey
Jun 21, 2002
633
0
SLC, UT
I went through amimalpaintball.com and they did a beautiful job. I just sent them digital files of the graphics and they touched them up and had it done in a week. The sizes run very large though.
 

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
1,894
0
Boston Area
DHZombie said:
The process required for screen printing to synthetic materials (such as jersys) is a process known as sublimation printing.

I was given this information by the owner of a large screen printing business. He stated that most screen printing companies (smaller operations) are not set up to perform this type of process.

I hope that this will help you in finding a capable screening shop.
That sounds like it. Fo my gf's needs a hand wash only jersey was OK b/c of the money it saved. They were just regular screen-printed. They have held up much better than the guy who did the work said they would.