Quantcast

Jessica Lynch returns...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
So does anybody have the straight sh!t on this?

From what I've heard (from my left-leaning, weblog-reading housemate), her injuries were the result of a car accident, not torture or battle. She was in custody of doctors who were treating her injuries, not soldiers who were holding her as a POW. The rescue squad was firing blanks, and ziptied the wrists of civilian doctors who were more than happy to release Ms Lynch to them... The Lynch family is now forbidden to speak to the press, and the Pentagon is intimidating any news agencies that wish to run a story about this.

If this is to be believed (and I'm not saying it is), that would mean that the whole affair was basically the White House looking for their morale boosting hero and instead of finding one, creating one out of a cute young soldier that happened to be on the right place (for them, not her) at the right time.

Wag the dog, anyone?

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by ohio
Really? Didn't she just come home yesterday?
Actually it's just been discovered that she doesn't exist at all:rolleyes: :D
Must make the soldiers feel wonderful when their government uses them as pawns in a warm and fuzzy campaign.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
The blanks thing I can't believe, for a number of reasons...technically, 1st of all, as they'd have needed to use blank-fire adapters on the muzzles...which pretty much shows the world what you're up to.

The zip-tieing of the doctors would have been standard. EVERYONE should have been zip-tied, possibly including the POWs. Close-quarters combat is extremely chaotic, and you need to take as many variables out of the game as possible...frankly, for the doctors' own safety. If they were scared and ran, they'd probably have been shot. Ziptied and left prostrate, they are no longer a threat and will be ignored. Hurt feelings and indignity aren't factors when you're attacking in an urban area, especially if it involves friendly elements inside what you're attacking. I'm not trained as a CQB ninja, just standard grunt stuff, so I can't get real technical on the methods they might use.

PR? You betcha. 100% The awards citations were sent to me by a friend, and I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

-MD

MD

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
Originally posted by valve bouncer
Actually it's just been discovered that she doesn't exist at all:rolleyes: :D
Must make the soldiers feel wonderful when their government uses them as pawns in a warm and fuzzy campaign.
it s OK mate, she isn t real... my top secret clearance in the war macheen have provided me with the necessary info

don t worry about a thing valve, iraq is free and we can all sleep better at night

over and out

parts

ps - resume normal modus oporandi (thats code)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I've come to expect better of you - you seem to off your game :confused:

Originally posted by partsbara
it s OK mate, she isn t real... my top secret clearance in the war macheen have provided me with the necessary info

don t worry about a thing valve, iraq is free and we can all sleep better at night

over and out

parts

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by partsbara

over and out

parts

LMAO- get the tan van and take it to Stan....got it;)
And don't worry about that SM fella, he hasn't been the same since he had to stand naked in the room full of mirrors and take a good, hard, long look at himself;) :D

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I remember hearing on the radio that the Pentagon actually came forward and said that her injuries were the result of the car accident and the stories about here firing her weapon until empty was false.

On a side note I'm glad that she has come home safely to her parents but a war hero? The fvck did she do except get captured? From what I've heard it was all a gigantic f-up by her commanding officer. They were headed in the wrong direction and didn't understand that enemy troops at the checkpoints they passed were waving them to turn around. Its not like she took out her captors single handedly and resuced the other captured soldiers. What happened to the guy that rescued her. Was he a fabrication? I haven't heard anything about him since she was resuced. Sorry if this sounds callous but in all intents and purposes she f-up, got caught, and now is being called a hero? What about the other guys that got caught? How come I haven't heard anything about them?

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
No no no!!

YOu take the golden "AN". You put it in the tan van. Then you take it to Dan would takes it to Stan, who takes it to Fran. THAT'S the plan.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Originally posted by MMike
No no no!!

YOu take the golden "AN". You put it in the tan van. Then you take it to Dan would takes it to Stan, who takes it to Fran. THAT'S the plan.

SHHHHHHHHHHH!!! riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.......
Damn, I thought I had my Sesame St routines down too:mad: ;) :D

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
REVIVAL

Wow,

After returning from a very informative conference on military public relations and media over the weekend, and studying the BBC's report on this issue rather thoroughly, Ill be happy to take any questions. An entire seminar was put together to adress the issue PFC Lynch's supposed orchestrated rescue for good press. I cant even believe the BBC would put together a story and release it to raise such speculation when they had no evidence whatsoever to back the claim. Just some anti-war sentiment and broadcast ability.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
I cant even believe the BBC would put together a story and release it to raise such speculation when they had no evidence whatsoever to back the claim.
I could believe it about as easily as I can believe the US military holding an entire conference solely to counter a news report from months ago.

Or about as much as I believe that the "truth" you received at the conference is any more reliable than the "truth" BBC printed.

It's all a load of crap from both sides...

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I could believe it about as easily as I can believe the US military holding an entire conference solely to counter a news report from months ago.

Or about as much as I believe that the "truth" you received at the conference is any more reliable than the "truth" BBC printed.

It's all a load of crap from both sides...
Yep...the BBC have learnt well from the masters of BS- the US military:rolleyes: I'd expect an apology from the BBC about the same time the generals stand up and say "we were wrong"....should be around the same time air traffic control for pigs start up:rolleyes:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
No, it was one seminar in a conference, and it was pretty down and dirty, yet to the point. Essentially, the PR guys over there were too caught up in keeping guys like Geraldo from giving up vital info. to the enemy that they didnt have the time, manpower, inclination or ability to orchestrate something like that. Although they did admit it was some great press that they made sure got noticed...not that it took to much help.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Originally posted by BurlySurly
Essentially, the PR guys over there were too caught up in keeping guys like Geraldo from giving up vital info. to the enemy that they didnt have the time, manpower, inclination or ability to orchestrate something like that.
Riiiiiiight.... because the Bush propaganda machine is SOOOOOOoooo underpowered.

Please.

I'm not saying your truth isn't the right one. I'm saying everyone has their slant... and we've been given no good reason to think that you weren't fed one like the rest of us.

LoboDelFuego

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
I'm not saying your truth isn't the right one. I'm saying everyone has their slant... and we've been given no good reason to think that you weren't fed one like the rest of us.
read Foucault. everybody else should too.