Quantcast

Jesus Christ gay?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ridetoofast said:
so by that logic ANY religion, christian or not, their decrees are stupid.

the amish are stupid

the muslims are stupid

yeah thats great logic. you are a godless fvck and simply can't bear the fact that some people live by standards that you don't care to understand.

ive seen you say the bible is a crock of ****. i guess the koran is a crock of **** too?

and what does tolerance of intollerance mean...thats just brilliant, makes about as much sense as a self eating seedless watermellon
Where did you learn the definition of logic? I said, the decree that bans women from wearing mens clothes is stupid, not 'all decrees by every religion ever are stupid'. Can you frickin read?

Tollerance of intollerance - Stoping women wearing trousers is intollerant of women's rights. Do you understand now or do I have to draw you a picture? Or maybe I should be tollerant of Christians telling me I'm going to hell and Muslims wanting to stone me for being an infidel. Grow up.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
ridetoofast said:
as always you are the voice of reason reactor.

i dont so much as hate changleen, i just cant stand that smug attitude of his liberal point of view that christianity is bunk because it doesn't fit into his secular 'world views' i believe he mentioned earlier in this thread, yet he is always saying how tolerant and noble his positions are. its a blantanly contradictory position but he smooth talks right over it with his intellect.
Things about Christianity which arn't bunk: Most of the ten commandments. They are logical rules for the stable progression of any society.

Things about christianity which are bunk: Most everything else.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Changleen said:
C'mon, you gotta admit that's freakin stupid.
Well I wouldn't say stupid as much as I would say not relevant. While I believe that all Scripture is inspired, not all Scripture is relevant or applicable. Again, basic Bible hermenutics need to be applied here.

So speaking for Christianity for the most part (bar the termially "out of context" pentacostal) this is not relevant - the ban on pants is a bit of a stretch as well as womens pants are specifically made for women, it's not like they are wearing guys jeans (if we want to get technical). I've not spent any time concerning myself with the study of crossdressing as it applies to the Bible, so this is the extent of my knowledge on the subject (and all I really want to know about it to be honest).

As for modern rabbinic Judaism, I can't speak to their interpretation and application of that passage.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
ridetoofast said:
yeah thats great logic. you are a godless fvck and simply can't bear the fact that some people live by standards that you don't care to understand.

ive seen you say the bible is a crock of ****. i guess the koran is a crock of **** too?
The koran is bull****. The bible is bull****. The torah is bull****. Dianetics is bull****. Anything that claims to have supernatural revelations is bull****. I don't take offense if you believe in the tooth fairy, but I will laugh when you try to convince me that it wasn't my mom that put money under my pillow when I was a kid, but rather a fairy flying in through the window.

And I can't speak for Changleen, but being called godless is hardly an insult...

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Silver said:
The koran is bull****. The bible is bull****. The torah is bull****. Dianetics is bull****. Anything that claims to have supernatural revelations is bull****. I don't take offense if you believe in the tooth fairy, but I will laugh when you try to convince me that it wasn't my mom that put money under my pillow when I was a kid, but rather a fairy flying in through the window.

And I can't speak for Changleen, but being called godless is hardly an insult...
New custom title? 'Godless Fvck'? :love:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Silver said:

You are entitled to believe what you want. And I won't knock you for it, if that's what you honestly believe. I believe in free will, and freedom of choice.

You might consider, there is much more to most religions than the belief in some diety. If that's all you see your missing the big picture. Islam, Christianity, Judeism and Buddhism teach a way for dealing with the world and it's people. Many of the principles layed out would make for a better society, if people would look at the big picture and stop trying to twist individual passages in scriptures to their own benefit.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Reactor said:
Islam, Christianity, Judeism and Buddhism teach a way for dealing with the world and it's people. Many of the principles layed out would make for a better society, if people would look at the big picture and stop trying to twist individual passages in scriptures to their own benefit.
Granted. Like Changleen said, some of the 10 commandments are damn good ideas.

But they aren't good ideas because God handed them down.

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Silver said:
Granted. Like Changleen said, some of the 10 commandments are damn good ideas.

But they aren't good ideas because God handed them down.
O.K. I'm not trying to convert anyone to anything. I understand the anger some people have towards religion. There are some pretty good reasons for it, priests abusing kids, people trying to jam religion down you throat, people looking down on you because you don't endorse, or aren't a member of, their religious sect. Believe me, I've been on the receiving end of a lot of that. And I don't find it amusing. It's even made me pretty angry at times.

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
Here's another thought...........
I had an Art History professor in college who had created a class called "Women in Art" - which actually should have been called "Sexuality in Art", but whatever.
The point was that he had this theory about God and the creation of "Man".

It goes something like this............

Man was supposedly created in God's own image, right?
And he created Adam first.
Then in realizing Adam needed a partner he took a rib fom him to create Eve.
So.........Adam had the ingredients for the female within his own body.
This theoretically means that Adam started life as a Hermaphrodite.
And since Adam was created in God's own image, this means that God may actually be be chick with a d**k

(no offense intended, just thought it was an interesting theory).

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
In Hebrew the term "man" with reference to the "Man created in the image of God" is non gender specific, it means man and woman, essentially all humans are created in the image of God.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Jonas said:
Here's another thought...........
I had an Art History professor in college who had created a class called "Women in Art" - which actually should have been called "Sexuality in Art", but whatever.
The point was that he had this theory about God and the creation of "Man".

It goes something like this............

Man was supposedly created in God's own image, right?
And he created Adam first.
Then in realizing Adam needed a partner he took a rib fom him to create Eve.
So.........Adam had the ingredients for the female within his own body.
This theoretically means that Adam started life as a Hermaphrodite.
And since Adam was created in God's own image, this means that God may actually be be chick with a d**k

(no offense intended, just thought it was an interesting theory).
For f*cks sake, this thread has already woken SM out of his slumber, how many more PD wankers do you want coming in here? Settle down man. ;)

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
ridetoofast said:
you are a godless fvck and simply can't bear the fact that some people live by standards that you don't care to understand
How very Christian of you.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
you're right that was an expression in a fit of anger and it's not a terribly christian way to act...i could have come up with a more tactful way to say it, but i wouldn't change the essence of what i said.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
ridetoofast said:
you're right that was an expression in a fit of anger and it's not a terribly christian way to act...i could have come up with a more tactful way to say it, but i wouldn't change the essence of what i said.
I was under the impression that the un-Christian part was the feeling of anger, not the expression of it.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
ohio said:
I was under the impression that the un-Christian part was the feeling of anger, not the expression of it.
I think that's backwards, we get angry but the outward expressions, Paul refers to this in Galatians 5 with reference to the fruits of the flesh (as opposed to the fruits of the Spirit) as angry outbursts.........anyway sorry for the "technical" posts............

Back to your regularly scheduled ranting and frothing.......... :)

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Andyman_1970 said:
I think that's backwards, we get angry but the outward expressions, Paul refers to this in Galatians 5 with reference to the fruits of the flesh (as opposed to the fruits of the Spirit) as angry outbursts.........anyway sorry for the "technical" posts............

Back to your regularly scheduled ranting and frothing.......... :)
Another tangent. Buddhists actually train to increase their understanding of, and compassion toward other people.

UW Madison page

Here is a part rather long article. I cut out a long seciton on the scientific investigation of unio mystica.

Dr. Beauregard is not the only researcher probing the neurobiology of belief. In September, the Dalai Lama, the spiritual leader of Tibetan Buddhism, took part in a high-profile meeting at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology held to compare Buddhist and scientific views about how the mind works.

Buddhists believe that they can regulate their emotions through meditation, and studies conducted on Buddhist monks have shown intense activity in specific parts of their brains when they meditate. Which part of the brain appears to depend on the type of meditation -- whether the person is focusing on compassion or on the details of a mental image of Buddha.

The sold-out MIT session attracted many respected scientists, including a researcher from the Royal Ottawa Hospital who is interested in whether meditation may be useful in treating anxiety disorders.

The study of meditation is no longer considered the flaky fringe of science, thanks to researchers such as Richard Davidson, a neuroscientist at the University of Wisconsin who helped to organize the session with the Dalai Lama.

They are trying to answer a number of intriguing questions: Are humans hard-wired to have religious or spiritual experiences, which are common to almost every culture on Earth? What happens in the brain when they do have them? Is it something that non-religious people might be able to replicate with the right stimulation? Is a transcendent Buddhist experience, often described as feeling connected to everyone and everything in the universe, the same as Christians' unio mystica? Can religion and spirituality make people healthier, as some studies suggest?

Work with the Buddhist monks shows that meditation results in decreased activity in the parietal lobes, which are located at the top and back of the brain, and help to orient a person in time and space. (For example, they tell you that your hands are on the steering wheel and you're driving to the store.)

The theory is that a lack of parietal activity reduces the sense of self, and makes a person feel there is no boundary between his or her body and the rest of the universe. As well, there appears to be increased activity in the limbic system, which helps to process emotion.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
I totally agree your mind is capable of some amazing stuff. I have no doubt we are capable of accelerated healing, self pleasure (yeah, not that..), enhanced learning, absorbtion and understanding and various other feats with a bit of concentration.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
manimal said:
so you think that becoming a christian means that human emotions are radically removed from your psyche?
I don't think that, I WISH it. Yeah, lobotomies for Christians!

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Changleen said:
No need, they already choose not to use part of their Brains. :devil:
Just as a side note to this idea that Christians are not suppose to be open minded or consider all sides of an issue - granted there are many evangelical types that either are this way or appear this way, it is however contrary to what the Scripture teaches. Paul says "test everything....", He even goes on to say "All things are yours....." (when referring to various sources of truth).

Now, this is not the only instance in which Christians either ignore, or are unaware of a teaching in the Scripture, most evangelical pastors won't touch that issue with a ten foot pole, unfortunately.

So why many Christians act like they have scooped out half their brain, that is not the way it's suppose to be according to the Scriptures.

Anyway, again I just wanted to clear the air from a "technical" point of view............

We now return to our regularly scheduled rants.................take it away Chang.............

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Andyman_1970 said:
Just as a side note to this idea that Christians are not suppose to be open minded or consider all sides of an issue - granted there are many evangelical types that either are this way or appear this way, it is however contrary to what the Scripture teaches. Paul says "test everything....", He even goes on to say "All things are yours....." (when referring to various sources of truth).

Now, this is not the only instance in which Christians either ignore, or are unaware of a teaching in the Scripture, most evangelical pastors won't touch that issue with a ten foot pole, unfortunately.

So why many Christians act like they have scooped out half their brain, that is not the way it's suppose to be according to the Scriptures.

Anyway, again I just wanted to clear the air from a "technical" point of view............

We now return to our regularly scheduled rants.................take it away Chang.............
Thanks Andy. Next on ChannelChangleen it's "Hindus: Why don't they just eat those Cows?" after these messages...

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
gravity plus said:
Lets say that God is real. I dont particularly believe in God, nor think there is a God, but that's besides the point.
First off: I'm not trying to make anyone upset, nor casue trouble.
This is a serious question.
Second off: This is a question a band sings about, the band shall remain nameless.
Some people believe Jesus Christ is the Lord. Since the Lord created man in his own self image, and there are homosexuals, does that mean that Jesus Christ is a homosexual himself? Could everyone be homosexual, just on different levels?

Debate.
No, but it's a good question though; as a student of Theology I will have to think about this. First though, keep in mind by 'man' they mean 'humans' and that God also created women. We as Christians (except for a few extremists out there) believe that God has no human form and is neither man nor woman, but God. His name for himself is 'I Am'. I really don't want to get into a 'what is homosexuality' or 'is homosexuality a sin' debate, but would rather think about what it means to be created in God's image. Like I said, God has no actual form, though he is both omnipotent and omnipresent. I believe that by originally (the theoretical Adam and Eve) creating us in His image, He created us as perfect and innocent beings in human form. Simplified, sin entered the world, which is why God took human form as Jesus Christ and became the perfect sacrifice, but that is not the point. Though I don't think homsexuality is in all cases a sin, I believe it entered as a byproduct of sin.

FSM

in this bullshit mess.
Jul 1, 2013
Always and Every Where
We've hung out. We're on a bowling team together actually. "True Gods Always Throw Strikes". JC's certainly a little "Metro", but I would't go so far as to say he's "gay". NTTATWWT.

Last edited: