Quantcast

Jesus for other worlds

Something I was tossing around.

Flipside said that it's very arrogant of us to think that the whole universe was created just for we Christians and others on Earth here to look at. I would agree....I don't know that there ARE other life forms out there, but I'm definitely not ruling it out....highly possible.

That being said, I'm wondering how God would go about reconciling them to Himself. After all, if He created them too (I'm assuming He did), then they also were subject to sin at some point, I am thinking, and probably failed the test as well. If they're not human, then Jesus would have to have come in some other form/medium/way.

Any thoughts on this?

Z

Zonic Man

Yeah, here's a though. What makes you think Jesus (or another form of Him) didn't show up and chill in other parts of the Universe so those other lifeforms capable of your so-called "redemption" can have it too.

What makes our inconsequential (on a universal level) asses SOOOOO worthy that we are His chosen only as humans?

And I bet that if Jesus chilled over in South East Asia in 0 A.D. things'd be a bit different in this world....

Originally posted by Zonic Man
Yeah, here's a though. What makes you think Jesus (or another form of Him) didn't show up and chill in other parts of the Universe so those other lifeforms capable of your so-called "redemption" can have it too.

What makes our inconsequential (on a universal level) asses SOOOOO worthy that we are His chosen only as humans?

And I bet that if Jesus chilled over in South East Asia in 0 A.D. things'd be a bit different in this world....
If you're directing this post to me, my original post essentially agrees with what you just posted, so I'm not sure why the sarcasm.

Z

Zonic Man

Originally posted by fourgivn1

If you're directing this post to me, my original post essentially agrees with what you just posted, so I'm not sure why the sarcasm.
No, no sarcasm directed towards you.

More of a "maxim" type question like yours for the community.

It's kind of along the same lines as I think it's ignorant to think that christians are the only ones going to heaven when.....

The only think I know about God for sure is that I ain't Her.

No, no sarcasm directed towards you.

More of a "maxim" type question like yours for the community.

It's kind of along the same lines as I think it's ignorant to think that christians are the only ones going to heaven when.....

The only think I know about God for sure is that I ain't Her.
Ah, that is what I thought....just checking :)

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
Well the word of God clearly says that God created the heaven and THE earth, not the heaven and the EARTHS.

That being said the law of averages dictates that somewhere out there there must be another planet with life on it. Though God never mentioned it to us. If it is out there His omnipotency would provide domain over it as well as earth.

Originally posted by Damn True
Well the word of God clearly says that God created the heaven and THE earth, not the heaven and the EARTHS.

That being said the law of averages dictates that somewhere out there there must be another planet with life on it. Though God never mentioned it to us. If it is out there His omnipotency would provide domain over it as well as earth.
Well, that sort of goes without saying....for me personally, though, the question had more to do with how God reconciled them to Himself....did he use Christ as well, but in their form, or what? I'm just curious.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001

Well, that sort of goes without saying....for me personally, though, the question had more to do with how God reconciled them to Himself....did he use Christ as well, but in their form, or what? I'm just curious.

Luckily, we will get the chance to ask him someday.

I also want to know what he was thinking in regard to the plytapus.

mr_dove

Monkey
Jan 18, 2002
Denver, CO

I know that lots of folks like to knock on Mormons (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) but There's something that ties in perfectly with your comment here Zonic.

Many people already know that "Mormons" have a second book of scripture in addition to the Bible. Well, here's the low down.

1. The bible (new testament) is a chronicle of of christ's ministry in the old world (Jeruselem). It includes teachings, miracles, etc.

Here's the part that answers your question:
2. The book of Mormon is a chronicle of Christ's ministry to the people who lived in the americas immediately following his resurrection. You are correct in assuming that Christ would also visit Gods other children in other places. Christ even said so in the bible in John 10:16

And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

So, Christ made it pretty clear that there were other people that he would need to visit (hear my voice). I'm sure that it includes other parts of the world and inhabitants of other worlds.

As for the question of other worlds. The answers are Yes and Yes.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Hmm, interesting. I always thought that verse was similar to Eph 4:1-13. Otherwise known as the divine commision. In that we as Christians are to spread the word to those who have not heard His voice.

Z

Zonic Man

Originally posted by mr_dove

As for the question of other worlds. The answers are Yes and Yes.
I'm glad you can say that with so much certainty, God.

T

Tenaciousle0

I'm sure there is a Jesus for every world, Kung Fu Jesus For the kung fu planet Orange 17 headed Jesus for planet Orange 17

T

Tenaciousle0

You sorta lost me on this one. :confused: Are you saying Jesus is orange, or knows Kung Fu, or is 17....? :D

Seriously you did lose me. *L*
I'm just saying that he appeared on Earth as a human, he would appear as whatever kind of being that lived on other planets.

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001

Ok, that would be the Han Dynasty. Roughly 206BC-220AD give or take a year of the :monkey: which hardly fits fits into the Old Testament prophecies Issiah 9 that placed Jesus's (yeah that pesky son of GOD) birth in the holy land with no mention of a WORLD TOUR.

Would the Han's have been as p.o'd as the Romans an Pharracies?

T

Tenaciousle0

Originally posted by Damn True

Ok, that would be the Han Dynasty. Roughly 206BC-220AD give or take a year of the :monkey: which hardly fits fits into the Old Testament prophecies Issiah 9 that placed Jesus's (yeah that pesky son of GOD) birth in the holy land with no mention of a WORLD TOUR.

Would the Han's have been as p.o'd as the Romans an Pharracies?
He actually may have gone to the east and studied with buddha, there is some buddhist deity or figure or whatever that looks a lot like Jesus, and a lot of their teachings are similar. Thats one of the explanations of where Jesus was in the'missing years.' but who really knows?

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Originally posted by Tenaciousle0

He actually may have gone to the east and studied with buddha, there is some buddhist deity or figure or whatever that looks a lot like Jesus, and a lot of their teachings are similar. Thats one of the explanations of where Jesus was in the'missing years.' but who really knows?
By "missing years" are you refering to between 12 (found in the temple by Joseph) and 30 when his ministry began?

A subject of much curiosity to be sure, but most agree that he was studying and working as a carpenter with Joseph who was also a carpenter. Roman records indicate that Joseph made wooden plows.

Originally posted by Tenaciousle0

It sort of cracks me up that people have a hard time believing Jesus' words, and the actions he did in the Bible, but that they can very easily make a conjecture concerning what they thought Jesus might have done.

This is not actually specifically pointed at you, Tenaciousle0. Please forgive me if it does sound like that; I'm not saying this to be mean in the least. I say this because I've heard this A LOT from people, and considering an assumption like that goes against pretty much everything contained in the Bible, as well as the research done by many many people, I can't understand why they would be so willing to accept that before accepting what is in the Bible.

T

Tenaciousle0

It sort of cracks me up that people have a hard time believing Jesus' words, and the actions he did in the Bible, but that they can very easily make a conjecture concerning what they thought Jesus might have done.

This is not actually specifically pointed at you, Tenaciousle0. Please forgive me if it does sound like that; I'm not saying this to be mean in the least. I say this because I've heard this A LOT from people, and considering an assumption like that goes against pretty much everything contained in the Bible, as well as the research done by many many people, I can't understand why they would be so willing to accept that before accepting what is in the Bible.
but, the Bible never acually says what he was doing, it just skips from 12 to 30.

T

Tenaciousle0

but, the Bible never acually says what he was doing, it just skips from 12 to 30.