Quantcast

Jesus H flippin' criminy.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
<rant>So there's this stupid email list here at work that I maintain. It's for employees to sell stuff to each other. It has very few "rules", no flaming, no advertizing of outside businesses, no illegal activities, you know, obvious stuff. I have it set up so 99% of the work is done by Outlook rules, but every once in a while some asshats decide to make more work for me. Some dude posted some guns for sale, which as long as the transaction doesn't take place on company property is fine as far as I'm concerned. But some dumb bitch decides she's offended by this and makes a big freakin' stink. Idiots. </rant>

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Echo said:
But some dumb bitch decides she's offended by this and makes a big freakin' stink. Idiots. </rant>
So.... she shouldn't read it. Problem solved.

Ha ha, yeah right, I bet she'll sue and own the company within 6 months.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Dude. It's a company e-mail list. You shouldn't list guns on there. Just too much trouble, as you are already finding out. Guns are a hot button issue... someone is going to complain. Maybe put a new rule in... if the ATF has jurisdiction, you can't sell it. :D

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
dh girlie said:
Goddamn...people are so friggin sensitive...

Look At Me, I'm Case Sensative. :D

but seriously though, people that get offended easily offend me. :mumble: :oink: :help:

BUCKET

Monkey
Apr 30, 2004
Rocktown, VA
Intersesting :think: you use Outlook to manage a buying and selling group. I have to do something similar here at work, but I use a message board on our intranet. Thank God there hasn't been anything for sale on the message board that would offend anyone, but you never know, there is always some jacka$$ out there that gets offended by the slightest thing.

Fathead

Monkey
May 6, 2003
SE TX
Make up a fake employee and have them list some wicked raunchy pron titles. See if she gets offended then. . .

Better yet! Hack her acct and have HER list the elicit collection. Maybe that dude will trade her a nice firearm for it :D

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BUCKET said:
Intersesting :think: you use Outlook to manage a buying and selling group.
Actually I use majordomo to manage the DL, and I use Outlook rules to manage majordomo :p

Surprisingly, after I explained to her why it was ok and why I can't change the rules for things that offend her, she shut up. Who would have thought.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Echo said:
Actually I use majordomo to manage the DL, and I use Outlook rules to manage majordomo :p

Surprisingly, after I explained to her why it was ok and why I can't change the rules for things that offend her, she shut up. Who would have thought.
Wow...that must have been some "talk" ;) LOL

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
anybody wanna buy some used condoms?

just kidding, i would never use a condom