Quantcast

:::: Jet-lagged Monday GTM ::::

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Started my second day in Denmark getting totally drunk and don't even remember walking home and it at least helped my sleep but I feel tired today.

I pick up a loaner bike at my friends house outside of town. A bike he bought in Brooklyn at my friends bike shop so going full circle.

He had a 5 week old dalmation which was the cutest thing ever and the proud mother too.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
damnations can be cute.....the lady i worked for in colorado was part owner of one...never saw it.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Spent Saturday AM putting my trail bike back together. Got it all built up and when to inflate my freshly rebuilt rear shock. Add some air and go to set my sag and it goes "whoosh" and falls deep into the travel. Air it up again, same thing. Long story short is the Seal vendor supplied an air seal kit that was to tight causing the seals to tear on installation. The people who rebuilt it are gonna next day it back to them and get the proper seals, but it bummed me out to not be able to ride the fun bike. So I rode my CX bike and did trail work.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Going to attempt a ride. High probability of turning around because of snow but at least I'll get some cardio and be up in the mountains.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Work. Haley was a little shit this morning, apparently one episode of DocMcStuffins wasn't enough. Colleague bought me a coffee as repayment for driving him home the last few days, which I gladly took. Bike will be a week or so until it's back together, as there are a lot of parts no longer on the bike. Hardtail needs a fork and brakes, so there's not much I can do with that either. I might put a single ring guide on the front to drop the extra gears, as I doubt I will need them where I'll be riding it. I just need to find a cheap option for one.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

I can't remember having slept so poorly as I did last night in a long time. I guess the only consolation is that it was a decently fulfilling weekend; being at work now is doing a good job at putting a damper on that.

I think I'm going to apply for a different job. Switch things up, perhaps it'll help me feel invigorated through this last year here.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Going to attempt a ride. High probability of turning around because of snow but at least I'll get some cardio and be up in the mountains.
Good luck, we were still digging out yesterday. Plus it's snowing up in the mountains again in front of me.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
you gonna move?
Yep. We will have been in CO for 5 years next year. It's been good but it's looking like time to move on for a few reasons. The plan is to sell the house and use part of the profits to fund some indeterminate amount of time on the road. At least that is what we are working towards right now provided life doesn't throw us any curve balls.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Work. Haley was a little shit this morning, apparently one episode of DocMcStuffins wasn't enough. Colleague bought me a coffee as repayment for driving him home the last few days, which I gladly took. Bike will be a week or so until it's back together, as there are a lot of parts no longer on the bike. Hardtail needs a fork and brakes, so there's not much I can do with that either. I might put a single ring guide on the front to drop the extra gears, as I doubt I will need them where I'll be riding it. I just need to find a cheap option for one.
did you get your fork situation sorted?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep. We will have been in CO for 5 years next year. It's been good but it's looking like time to move on for a few reasons. The plan is to sell the house and use part of the profits to fund some indeterminate amount of time on the road. At least that is what we are working towards right now provided life doesn't throw us any curve balls.
if you somehow make it east, feel free to hit me up.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
@Toshi

I am allegedly starting a new jeeeeooorrrrb today. We'll see how that goes... I have some projects to work on from them but I also need to do paperwork and other on-boarding whatnot. Job is primarily doing project management for a web developer out of DC, I'll be working remotely. Also will hopefully be doing design work, front-end web dev, theming, and UI/UX stuff.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
installed IRT kit on my mattoc friday night. rode saturday during kid's naptime. initial impressions good, need to spend some more time with it tweaking pressures.

within the last week kid is finally mostly on board eating all the same food as the wife and i. its awesome to only have to cook 1 meal per meal time.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
A late good morning from me. weekend was fun. went carousing saturday night with a bunch of buddies. That caused me to sleep late on Sunday, but still maintained some level of productivity, with some bathroom reno work, grocery shopping and the preparation of three meals for the week.

I am hoping to ride home today, but we need to strike a set starting at 3 PM. It should be completed by a reasonable hour, but you just never know.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
House we looked at sold or is going to be sold to somebody bidding under what I was willing to pay but oh well. I have a meeting with a private banker Thursday so we are better prepared to buy next time plus I am not in a big hurry.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
About 3 weeks ago I was in Starbucks waiting to get my coffee. A woman grabbed her coffee from the counter, held it in both hands, brought it up to her nose with her eyes closed, took a deep sniff and went "ahhhhhh" as she smiled. When I saw this, the biggest feeling of homicidal rage flushed through my whole body. The mental image of the scene has flashed in my mind 3-4 times since then, and I can't help but want to kill someone.

What's up with that, psychiatric monkeys?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
About 3 weeks ago I was in Starbucks waiting to get my coffee. A woman grabbed her coffee from the counter, held it in both hands, brought it up to her nose with her eyes closed, took a deep sniff and went "ahhhhhh" as she smiled. When I saw this, the biggest feeling of homicidal rage flushed through my whole body. The mental image of the scene has flashed in my mind 3-4 times since then, and I can't help but want to kill someone.

i too am filled with rage at people who take excessive satisfaction in subpar product.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

It's called disassociation rage. You have misappropriated your repressed love of lycra clad man ass in the form of inexplicable rage at unrelated events. If you could just accept who you are and declare it loud and proud to the world those feelings should subside.

NTTAWT.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkies! What a beautiful Monday, no?

Monday...:lazy2:

I guess I should file my taxes tonight.
Ha, me too. good thing they dock my taxes right from my paycheck, so in a sense, I've already paid my taxes. I just haven't filed them...

Just got back from workout #2. More people, less lovely strong women, but a little bit easier on me, and a moar full body workout. I think I'll stick with that one for now, until I get stronger. Then I'll think about stepping back up to the "intense interval training".

if my ride yesterday is anything to go by, these workouts are going to be a good thing. Between the gym and fatbiking, my second real ride of the year was pretty good. this particular ride is no-flow, twisty, roots and rocks, all punchy climbs and ganky descents. so not really my cup of tea. and for the past few years, it has kicked my ass every time we ride it. yesterday was fine. I was a little behind the main group, but not totally destroyed. things might be looking up.

well, except for this morning. it's piss pouring rain. in Normandy there's a saying that it's raining like a cow that's pissing. pretty much that.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

Your testosterone levels are dangerously high. You need to release some of that pressure. But probably not a good idea to do it while in line at Starfucks.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Build template.
Distribute to staff.
Watch staff defile template.

...it's always the same people.

Never underestimate the power of people to not give a fvk.