Quantcast

JFC, Yesterday Was Fun, This Is Today GMT (Sunday)

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Slept in at a swanky-ish hotel, (kiddo at camp) had delicious brunch. Hung out a while, then went riding at Park City Mountain Resort.
Followed by some amazing KC BBQ (burnt ends, natch), while watching Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit absolutely DESTROY the audience at Deer Valley.
Hope you have a great day.

IMG_2024-07-14-012836.jpeg

IMG_1803.jpeg

IMG_1802.jpeg

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Yesterday was good, but oh it could have been so much better. Of course, I am referring to my foster dog almost getting adopted....

Anyway, I was out the door early this morning for 25 miles on the tri bike at a hard effort, then I ran two miles. I got pretty close to a bear on my run. I was cruising along and he popped out from behind some shrubs right in front me maybe 15 feet away. Scared the crap out of me. I stopped running and backed away, and I watched as the bear stood up and scratched his back on a power pole. Heh. He waddled away after a couple of minutes and I continued on my run.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

The price of wood must have come down a lot without me noticing. The first planter box I built about a year ago was like $200 and I about died. The planter boxes at the nursery were $600 each, so building them made sense. All the wood for the last 3 boxes was only $250. That just seems crazy to me, but I didn't keep the receipts from the first one, so I could be high.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
went to opening of my show last night. 'twas nice. worked on my talk a bit this morning. brunch soon, then giving le talk. will probably just chill afterwards. maybe have dinner with the museum director, who is an old friend.not amy hotter in memphis than in charlotte, which is nice.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Morning Monkeys.

The price of wood must have come down a lot without me noticing. The first planter box I built about a year ago was like $200 and I about died. The planter boxes at the nursery were $600 each, so building them made sense. All the wood for the last 3 boxes was only $250. That just seems crazy to me, but I didn't keep the receipts from the first one, so I could be high.
Been coming down significantly back to pre covid levels, so much so that I will use wood on my roof since it is now cheaper than concrete.

Screenshot 2024-07-14 at 8.53.28 AM.png

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slept late. Tons of coffee and now picking up bagels. Had some good talks digesting life with the people who brought me over to the US in 1991. Test of the day will be lake time and trying to master some paddle boarding.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave: :wave:

Balls hot again!

The liquor stores here are on strike, so the beer stores are a little hectic. Just waited in line like 20 minutes, to be told they didnt have what i wanted, so panic purchased some mixed pack. Whatever.

Heading up to do a short ride with a buddy. Then heading up north to meet up with the girlfriend at her mom's cottage. Will be jumping in the lake later.

In other news, the local lake has reported spots of blue green algae blooms. :dead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
:wave: :wave:

Balls hot again!

The liquor stores here are on strike, so the beer stores are a little hectic. Just waited in line like 20 minutes, to be told they didnt have what i wanted, so panic purchased some mixed pack. Whatever.

Heading up to do a short ride with a buddy. Then heading up north to meet up with the girlfriend at her mom's cottage. Will be jumping in the lake later.

In other news, the local lake has reported spots of blue green algae blooms. :dead:

WTF is a beer store?

Every store around here is a beer store. To the point it is clear this town has a drinking problem.

Can even get beer at barbershops.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Also it's day two of Seattle to Portland, so my commute to Ace and NAPA are impacted by roadie jackasses. They are rerouted to the elementary school for a piss break, so they cruise in huge groups taking the whole lane because spandex.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Home course laps this morning to beat the heat. It has been forever since I rode two consecutive days. Felt better than I expected. It seems in spite of my best edforts, a little fitness snuck into my legs…

Making pizza later for guests. I have the feeling we’ll be drinking large quantities of sparkling wine this afternoon, bc that’s how we roll…

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
I like to *visit* this great place but I also like putting my foot on the gas pedal and getting back into the rural areas.

Boise is learning about pedestrian safety, that is for sure.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I like to *visit* this great place but I also like putting my foot on the gas pedal and getting back into the rural areas.

Boise is learning about pedestrian safety, that is for sure.
In fairness to you, I also really like Boise. The biggest problem for me is that my mom lives there. Being in the same time zone is a little too close for comfort.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I forgot I should have been in california the last nine days

forgot I even cancelled the trip

heat level probably the same

this is fucking horseshit

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
In fairness to you, I also really like Boise. The biggest problem for me is that my mom lives there. Being in the same time zone is a little too close for comfort.
I don't advocate for moving to Boise unless your prepared to drop the coin necessary to live in Boise proper.

The mountain bike trails are mostly boring but theres hundreds of miles to explore.