Quantcast

Jiffy Lube can kiss my ass

schwaaa31

Turbo Monkey
Jul 30, 2002
Clinton Massachusetts
They forgot to put oil back in my truck after they drained it. Fogot OIL! Isnt that what they're all about? Damn! Not sure if the engine is siezed yet. Luckily the truck shuts down when the level is too low, so I only made it a quarter mile. But its definitely not running, and siezed or not, they're buying me a new engine. Bastards!

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
schwaaa31 said:
They forgot to put oil back in my truck after they drained it. Fogot OIL! Isnt that what they're all about? Damn! Not sure if the engine is siezed yet. Luckily the truck shuts down when the level is too low, so I only made it a quarter mile. But its definitely not running, and siezed or not, they're buying me a new engine. Bastards!

I think we've stumbled on a new Level of Stupid

:stosh:

Broken_Spoke

Mr. Big Hot Pastrami
Feb 26, 2003
Bozeman, MT
chicodude01 said:
I think we've stumbled on a new Level of Stupid

:stosh:
But wait could it just possibly beyond one star but a no star. We could call them our no star H.E.R.O s
H is for Hipnoticly dumb
E is for Expontialy stupids
R is for Retarded beyond belife
O is for Obviously you were dropped on your head

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I will NEVER take any car I own to a kwik lube place....EVER! there are soooooo many horror stories like yours. La's mom had her tranny fuct by those dimwits & La took her old corrolla to get it worked on at a REAL shop & they found all kinds of trash in the oil pan & when they saw it they said it was Jiffy f'n Lube. They had stripped her drain plug & used some kind of ghetto tepmorary plug & everytime you pulled it, it dropped some kind of metal fastener in the pan.

Change it yourself. it is easy & almost just as cheap & the extra time it takes to do it is nothing compared to a locked up engine.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
Hmm...seems like from all the stories I've heard that the only reason to take your car to Jiffy Lube is if you'd like a new engine.

ghettogt76

Monkey
Dec 5, 2001
Pleasant Hill, Kali'fo'nya
I second doing it yourself, even a frikin' retard could do it.

I was changing the oil on a friend's truck the other day. Last time he got it done was at some oil change place. I needed my damn impact to get the oil drain plug off... fawkin' oil change places.

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
Changing the oil at home is the only way. I put THESE on both of our cars.. they take make it one step easier to do it yourself.

*Disclaimer - I am in NO WAY affiliated with this company, but if this is still considered spam, I apologize and a mod can delete this post or I will if necessary*

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
National Tire and battery gave me my car back after new tires with the lug nuts on the front right about three threads in. Obviously I noticed in the parking lot, but in retrospect I shoud have just gone driving and crashed into something, then sued their pants off.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
I never use quick lube places. My family has had so many bad experiences with them. They've cost my dad a rear end, my sister a transmission, and constantly underfill or overfill the oil. Also, my car has zerk fitting. The one time I've gone to a quick lube, they didn't lube em even thought chassis lube was included. When I complained, they lubed them without wiping the dirty grease off first, injecting salt, dirt, sand and grime into my joints. Gee whiz- thanks.

Do it yourself. It is easy, better on the car, and it gives you a chance to make sure everything is OK down there.

I do my own vehicle maintenance, but last week I was forced to go to a quick lube place for a state inspection. Those idiots tore off and broke my shift knob off just pulling it into the garage. Then they got me a six speed knob (rather than five) as a replacement. I guess you're never safe....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Unfortunately, it's not so easy to change your own oil living in New England without a garage. In the summer it's fine, but in the winter it's awful.

I take my car to a local mechanic to get the oil changed. It's about 8 bucks more than a Jiffy Lube type place, but I just have this weird idea that my engine is worth the extra 8 bucks...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
When I had a BUILT 455HO, I changed my own oil, but cars these days are far too cramped under the hood. The new car gets dealership service, but for the friggin' $1500 beaters that I drive into the dirt, they get nothing but the WalMart special while I am already stuck shopping there. Sure, the may spill oil on your exhaust manifold(and not clean it up) which'll turn your Corolla into a rolling comet once it heats up, but at least you don't lose an hour of your day.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I have to admit I take mine to one of those lube places, but there are only a select few that I trust. I used to change my own oil in all my cars, but now I don't have the time nor feel like crawing under my car to do it. Plus I don't want to deal with "properly" dumping the oil.

J

JRB

Brian HCM#1 said:
I have to admit I take mine to one of those lube places, but there are only a select few that I trust. I used to change my own oil in all my cars, but now I don't have the time nor feel like crawing under my car to do it. Plus I don't want to deal with "properly" dumping the oil.
Yup - but after this thread, I may start going to the dealership again.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Happy said:
Changing the oil at home is the only way. I put THESE on both of our cars.. they take make it one step easier to do it yourself.

*Disclaimer - I am in NO WAY affiliated with this company, but if this is still considered spam, I apologize and a mod can delete this post or I will if necessary*
YOU BASTARD! You know back when I use to surf MTBR I made a post about this degreaser that is super cheap, like $5 for 5 gallons. Everyone was like where can I get some... then as soon as they found out it was made by the company I work for they were all like FAHK YOU you spamming piece of crap... :mumble: its not like I was going to make even half a cent from any extra sales. :mumble:

Fredzilla

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Seattle
golgiaparatus said:
YOU BASTARD! You know back when I use to surf MTBR I made a post about this degreaser that is super cheap, like $5 for 5 gallons. Everyone was like where can I get some... then as soon as they found out it was made by the company I work for they were all like FAHK YOU you spamming piece of crap... :mumble: its not like I was going to make even half a cent from any extra sales. :mumble:
So uhhhhh... where can I get that degreaser? ;) Shoot me a PM in case you don't want to start a riot.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
i have established a nice relationship with my local jiffy lube based on mutual distrust. the first time i took it there they did change the oil, but didn't do any of the "extras" you pay for. so i took the car right back and stood there and watched while they did everything. now when i go in, they are good about letting me see that things are being done. it also helps that i know just enough about engines to get myself in trouble and that i am married to a lawyer, which i did let slip when i was complaining the first time. yeah i could/should do it myself but i'm lazy and stuff and i figure if i've got them worried, they'll be ok to me!

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Brian HCM#1 said:

AAAHHHm Just dump it in the sewer, just don't let anyone see you do it.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Hawkeye said:
AAAHHHm Just dump it in the sewer, just don't let anyone see you do it.
Nah - what you do is change it at home (they've - Jiffy Lube - cross-threaded my drain plug before, how the hell do you manage that?), then you take the 5 gallon paint bucket removed from the local construction trash, that is now full of old oil, and you leave it outside Jiffy Screwed's garage doors after they have closed :thumb: