Quantcast

Jimena speaks about 2004 Olympics

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Argentinean rider and Cyclingnews reader Jimena Florit has told Cyclingnews that her application for United States citizenship is slowly progressing, and that she hopes to be able to race under the US flag at the 2004 Olympics.

The 2002 NORBA XC champion said, "My citizenship is going forward, but with the Immigration and Naturalization Service department inside the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, you never know."

With the American team strengthening, riders such as Katerina Hanusova and Mary McConneloug performing well recently, Florit believes she will make it hard on herself by changing nationality, but that it is for the best.

"I do acknowledge the competition to make the US team is a bit tighter than at the Argentinean team. I am ready to take that challenge though. I have no interest on racing in the Olympics if I am not in contention; I have done that already in 2000."

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
The US women haven't been doing to bad in the World Cup's so far this year. Jimena just finished 6th at Mont-Sainte-Anne! I really hope she gets her US citizenship in time!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
it's starting to fire up for the women. there are quite a few who could easily go. i'd put my money right now on mary mcconneloug and jimena (if she gets her citizenship), if not i foresee willow kroeber being selected if she keeps on making the leaps and bounds she has over the last 2 years.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by indieboy
it's starting to fire up for the women. there are quite a few who could easily go. i'd put my money right now on mary mcconneloug and jimena (if she gets her citizenship), if not i foresee willow kroeber being selected if she keeps on making the leaps and bounds she has over the last 2 years.
Willow instead of Sue Haywood??

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Heidi
Willow instead of Sue Haywood??
yes, if she continues to ride as well as she has the last few weekends then she'll go. if not it will be a dog fight out at the races for qualifying.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Yossarian
that is what I was thinking.
she would already have to be in contention for the most part, she'd probably be able to do it for the 08 games which would be killer!

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
pfffffft. I'll never be THAT good!
why do you keep telling yourself that? you never know what will happen and if you keep shutting yourself down then it's not going to happen.

JMAC

Turbo Monkey
Feb 18, 2002
The US women haven't been doing to bad in the World Cup's so far this year. Jimena just finished 6th at Mont-Sainte-Anne! I really hope she gets her US citizenship in time!
When i was at Sainte-Anne last weekend i was practicing the course at the same time as some of the pro women there was this section that you have the choice of going straight through or taking a side trail that takes a little longer. The fastest way was insane it was super technicle. Than you go down this near vertical chute that has this tree angled so it's really weird if you don't hit this one exact line you're dead litteraly. I was trying this i got it 2 times out of 6 and they were scetchy so i decided to go the other way and they cut off that section in my race.:) anyway.

One of the times i was trying it this women from italy came from behind me so i got off the trail and she bombed the thing she had amasing skills. It was an eye openner to me cause i hadn't seen anyone else do it but she was so smooth. Those pro women are amasing and i know someone who was trying the course at the same time as Roland Green who came 3rd but this guy couldn't keep up with him hos epro really are amasing.

And Heidi you will never be in the Olympics if you keep putting yourself down. Why do you do that so much be a little more arrogant and act like what you are a PRO. :)

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
pfffffft. I'll never be THAT good!
Don't talk like that Heidi!!

How do you know you won't be that good?

Did you EVER think that you would be good enough to go Pro?

Now here you are...

C'mon GIRL!! The :monkey: s support you!!