Quantcast

Jiminy 7/4

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Probably a fruitless effort on such short notice, but are there any monkies heading there? Heading there for the day solo, hoping to find someone to hook up and ride with. Weather is looking good surprisingly, looking like a good day.

White DHR, lifted Grand Cherokee. Come say hi.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
sorry but i got beer and explosives planned for the day
That's what the night time is for :weee:

Pretty empty today, GORGEOUS weather. Trails were super muddy (as expected), but once you got used to the wet roots covered in mud covered in wet leaves it was a blast.:eek::rofl:

Riding DH solo is awesome/terrible. Since there's noone to shoot the shyte with/goof around between/during runs, I was able to get about 12-13 runs in about 3 hours. However at one point I caught myself narrating my riding in an Australian accent without even realizing it. :rofl:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Good to hear people still ride there. I love that place, but they open so comparitively late and late in the day. Bit of a hike too, but not too bad. Love the trails and the empty lift.

Was busy that weekend, but wouldn't mind meeting up some time to ride once my car is out of the shop...if ever.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'll definitely be making at least another trip out there this season. I'm a sucker for fast, natural trails. Jiminy and Bromont have been my favorite mountains for years.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Shoot me a PM next time you go, I only live 45 min's away from Jiminy. 7/4 for us was "wife back on the DH bike" day- she prefers Plattekill.

Come to think of it, we have a tentative trip planned for 8/3 with BUNKERCHUCKS from Platty to ride at Jiminy- keep that date in mind!

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Shoot me a PM next time you go, I only live 45 min's away from Jiminy. 7/4 for us was "wife back on the DH bike" day- she prefers Plattekill.

Come to think of it, we have a tentative trip planned for 8/3 with BUNKERCHUCKS from Platty to ride at Jiminy- keep that date in mind!
I'll pencil it in on my make-pretend calendar!:D

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Bamp

I have to go riding this weekend...anybody around for jiiminy, highland, or plattekill, preferably on sunday, possibly saturday?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
*Raises hand*

I'd be down for Jiminy or Highland, Platty is too far of a haul for me, especially on a Sunday. I'd prefer Jiminy as I've been to Highland 8 weekends in a row and I'm starting to get a bit bored with the trails.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I'm in Boston, so I would be willing to carpool to just about any place, probably except for highland since it's close and two cars are more convenient. Jiminy is a good haul and would be great to split. I'd be willing to make a weekend of plattekill if you wanted, or share the ride out to jiminy on sunday if that works....or just meet you at highland.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I'm in Boston, so I would be willing to carpool to just about any place, probably except for highland since it's close and two cars are more convenient. Jiminy is a good haul and would be great to split. I'd be willing to make a weekend of plattekill if you wanted, or share the ride out to jiminy on sunday if that works....or just meet you at highland.
Whatever works best for you my man, I'm free both days so any of the 3 options is cool with me.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
That was crazy/creepy.......:rofl:

Anywho, you in Southie? I'm only 20 minutes north of Boston, so if you're carless I can pick you up (although I shouldn't, having grown up in Eastie and all :)).

I think Dave (Inclag) is even closer to Boston than I am, so there's gotta be a way where all three of us can meet up and carpool.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Ok, Sunday it is. My car is in the shop and may be ready by friday (it's only taken a month) but I can't promise. I may also have access to the girls car to meet up someplace. Otherwise I will gladly accept a ride and pay for gas/tolls appropriately from Southie. Bike, pads bag and toolbox should be all I need.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Maybe you, me and Sammmmich can carpool out? Or caravan out, depending on how many people are going?

I'm leaning toward Jiminy on Sunday myself.....
I'd be down with caravan'ing, although I'm currently driving without registration and a past due license plus I have a little Subaru :bad:.

Supa8 is probably going out too, gotta get in touch with him though and see what his plans are.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Ok, Sunday it is. My car is in the shop and may be ready by friday (it's only taken a month) but I can't promise. I may also have access to the girls car to meet up someplace. Otherwise I will gladly accept a ride and pay for gas/tolls appropriately from Southie. Bike, pads bag and toolbox should be all I need.
Yea, if you need to be picked up, I could probably pull it off. I'm in Somerville not far off 93, so getting down to Southie is pretty easy for me. Just let me know.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I can fit 4 guys and 4 bikes if need be (2-bike T2 + 2 sidearm roof racks).....so we could all take the Jeep. We could pick Eric up on the way out if he wanted.

Dave, want to pick up Sammmmmmmich, then meet me somewhere outside of Boston, preferably near the Pike?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I can do anything, you just let me know what works best for you guys. My pad-duffel is large but besides that it's just the bike and toolbox. The more splits the cheaper it is for all. I also have a clean MA license if help with driving if needed. I don't even smell, either!