Quantcast

Jimmy the man, not Levan

Feb 25, 2005
seattle, wa
Does anyone remember when he tried jumping over a cargo container at the 1997-ish MTV Sports & Music Fest? I actually jumped out of my chair and yelled swear words!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
The Jimmy Levan cover from an old ride, '95 or so, was ridiculous. He manualed the handrail of a bridge. As posted on the single best forum ever, "Odyssey should make a 41-thermal wheelbarrow for jimmy to carry his balls around in."

trust4130

Monkey
Aug 16, 2005
Pennsylvania
I damn near $hit myself when I got the issue of Ride with that poster. But then again, it is Jimmy we are talking about. (I love the comment about 'none of that suspension' above... just goes to show what can be done by a smooth, confident rider.)

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
all the "freedride" mtb publications out have occasional pictures of guys on 8" travel bikes, in full body armor, full face helmets, etc. etc. doing stuff that is not nearly this Gnar.

kind of makes you laugh huh?

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
20 inch guys have the biggest balls no doubt. I still remember the pain in my wrist from doing jumps down 20 steps to flat. To think what these guys are doing... Other than Jimmy I might have to give skater Jamie Thomas the biggest cahones awards. That guy was on a suicidal asphalt mission from hell. Fawking sweet.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
Changleen said:
What about the Austin Church Gap then? (Road Fools 2) Jimmy Levan is indeed a bicycle god.
living in austin for a few years, ive eyed up that gap and its crazy. The run in is about 30 ft, with serious pain if you miss