Quantcast

Job hunting in another state?

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Have any of you had to look for a job in another state and run into problems? It looks like I am headed to socal, but I am currently still in Portland for a few more weeks. I have been applying online for some jobs but I keep getting hit with "we are sorry we do not take applications from outside the greater Los Angeles area".

Sometimes they seem hand tailored (stating I look like a good candidate blah blah but I am out of state so sorry) and some of them are just form letters.

I was hoping this wouldn't be an issue, but it obviously is. If I were to get a call for an interview I could be down there the very next day (same as if I lived there, its not like same day interviews are all that common IMO).

I guess I could try explaining my situation in the cover letter, but I want to keep things looking professional.

I know this isn't the right website to be asking, but its one of the only forums I belong to. Better than asking pinkbike? :)

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
partsbara said:
seriously, don t leave your home state... it s a dangerous world out there...
:stupid: :agree:
I live in the "greater Los Angeles area" now, and believe me, you dont want to live here. The cost of living is insane, and it is too bloody hot. If you really want to come here, switch places with me, I would take Oregon in a heartbeat over this area. If it aint snakes, its gangbangers, if it aint gangbangers, its idiots in H2s and jacked up trucks. If not that, its the $$$$ it takes to live here.

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
JohnE said:
I live in the "greater Los Angeles area" now, and believe me, you dont want to live here. The cost of living is insane, and it is too bloody hot. If you really want to come here, switch places with me, I would take Oregon in a heartbeat over this area. If it aint snakes, its gangbangers, if it aint gangbangers, its idiots in H2s and jacked up trucks. If not that, its the $$$$ it takes to live here.

cry me a river fag.. get in that truck and come visit... downieville classic this weekend... drinking beer, sitting in the river is lame...

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
JohnE said:
So leave?

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
h22ekhatch said:
Ahh he is part of Team America?
well my wife and i control atmospheric conditions... and, he is the puppet in team america with his finger on the red button... gw talks to him directly regarding trek mountain bikes... and minivans :devil:

freedom fries now cost a buck o thirteen... that sh1t ain t free ya know :trophy_br .,..god ... how many more must hate freedom ??

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I AM Team America! Beeatch!
Ahhh, if only leaving was an option!
Partsy, I must caution you against revealing too much, freedom haters abound!