Quantcast

Job interview question...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
OK, so I had an interview on Saturday. It went REALLY well, the guy and I had a lot in common, he went to my school, knows my department, and found out I know what I'm talking about. He tried to stump me, and I got his question right off the bat.

I told him I leave town on Wednesday, and he said he'd call me Monday or Tuesday. My friend that went with me got a call yesterday, and I still havent.

My question..... should I call them? or wait for them to call me?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Gfreak said:
you should call him. At the very least you will be showing interest in the job.
I agree. He did tell you that he would call Monday or Tuesday so its perfectly reasonable to follow up, especially with your travel plans tomorrow.

Another thing; though it is obvious that you applied and interviewed for the job, it never hurts to ask for the position.
"Thank you again for your consideration. I would really like to have this job."

Good luck.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Even if you leave town, you'll still be near a phone, right? Call him either late this week or next Monday. It's true, you do want to be excited about a new job, but by calling this early, especially considering he'd try to call you by Monday or TODAY, it could be considered a turnoff.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
what was the trick question?

How many games are there in a March Madness tournement (64 teams)?

Don't bother doing factorals, permutations, bla bla bla...
There are 63 games b/c every team has to lose once.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
I guess I'll wait a few days...... But I need to know. and I REALLY want this position. The Trip i'm going on has the potential to get me many jobs, but if I can get this one position, I wont interview for them.

I know I'm guarenteed some job here, I just want THE job I'm looking for.

By the way, its a tech position at Paramount's Kings Dominion

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
-BB- said:
what was the trick question?

How many games are there in a March Madness tournement (64 teams)?

Don't bother doing factorals, permutations, bla bla bla...
There are 63 games b/c every team has to lose once.

Duh... Except for 1 team. You were tricked by your own trick question

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
BigMike said:
No, i didnt send a thank you note, and the "trick question" was how do you terminate DMX at the end of a cable run?
How do you terminate DMX at the end of a cable run?

Actually don't tell me since I will have no idea what in the hell you would be talking about.

If I were asked this question, I would think the question was about DMX the rapper...

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Craw said:

Actually don't tell me since I will have no idea what in the hell you would be talking about.

If I were asked this question, I would think the question was about DMX the rapper...

You put a 20 ohm resistor over pins 2 and 3. Why pins 2 and 3? because it elminates ringback through the system :D

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Craw said:

me too...I was thinking why would anyone want to terminate DMX? I mean what with all that dog barking he does and the yelling of WHAT...

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
BigMike said:
You put a 20 ohm resistor over pins 2 and 3. Why pins 2 and 3? because it elminates ringback through the system :D
Oh pretty much what I figured...but what do you do with the extra Flux Capacitor?

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
Duh... Except for 1 team. You were tricked by your own trick question
No I wasn't... I said 63 which is correct.
Yeah, I know one team doesn't lose. If ALL of them lose, it would be 64 games.

Obviously a tourny has ONE winner that never loses.

:rolleyes:

My answer and logic were correct. I just had a typo.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
uh huh. :nopity: :nopity: Is that like I won except for that guy that beat me?
LOL... you got the point though.
I just got bck from the gym when I typed that and my head was still a little cloudy.

:eviltongu

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
BigMike said:
By the way, its a tech position at Paramount's Kings Dominion
Very cool. I hope you get it. My buddy started as a tech at Six Flags.... Now he is the Stage Manager for the Performing Arts Center. Very cool gig. Sure beats the Teamsters wage I make at my job....jdcamb

Phresh

Chimp
Feb 24, 2005
Rochester Hills, MI
MtnBikerChk said:
Did you send a "thank you note" after your interview?

those are KEY!
This was my first thought too...this is a must people! It is quick and easy way to reinforce the positives from your interview and make you stand out from those who don't know what a hand written thank you is...

That aside, considering your travel plans and his mentioning he would call I see no harm in following up with him. As long as you don't come across as needy and desperate he would probably appreciate the initiative.

"...As I mentioned I was heading out of town and wanted to make sure you had my cell phone in case you needed to get in touch with me while I'm gone. I want you to know I am very interested in the job...bla, bla, bla.

Good luck

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
loco said:
Why do all of BigMike's threads get to an ass in some way??? :think:

I love the ass, thats why :)

and no you sickos, i'm talking about LADIES' asses!

And by the way, I did call him back, and then call him back again. I got the job :cool:

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
I'm gonna say that if you don't get the job, it's because of the goatee. :think:

-S.S.-
I'm gonna say, 'read the thread, dumbass'. He said he got the job.

Just found it and wondered BM.

J

JRB

SkaredShtles said:
Shouldn't you be bangin' your wife or spankin' your monkey or something? :think: :eviltongu :p

-S.S.-
meh - I think I will watch tv for a few and head to bed.