Quantcast

Job

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Hell yeah!!! I FINALLY got a job. I'm now in electronics at Sears. Just did the interview this morning and go back this afternoon for more stuff. Should be pretty sweet. The manager I did the interview with said that I get $8/hr during training and then $7+commission/hr afterwards. I'm currently only a 'seasonal' employee, but they said if I do really good then I can probably stay on. :)

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
COmtbiker12 said:
Hell yeah!!! I FINALLY got a job. I'm now in electronics at Sears. Just did the interview this morning and go back this afternoon for more stuff. Should be pretty sweet. The manager I did the interview with said that I get $8/hr during training and then $7+commission/hr afterwards. I'm currently only a 'seasonal' employee, but they said if I do really good then I can probably stay on. :)
Then here is my super sales technique:

1. Say hi to everyone walking into your area. People hate to be ignored.

2. After saying saying hi, the next question should not be "What can I do for you?" (this is straight from Interbike) Just ask hows its going?

also if they say just looking, walk away for a while and let them look, but go back after a while, especially if they are hanging around one item or area and ask if they have any questions...i hate getting ignored after saying just looking, but dont wnat a guy hanging around me

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
sanjuro said:
People hate to be ignored.
I don't wanna be bothered by some kid (no offense) when I go to a store. I can find what I need on my own, and If I have a question, I'll come find you...

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
stinkyboy said:
I don't wanna be bothered by some kid (no offense) when I go to a store. I can find what I need on my own, and If I have a question, I'll come find you...

I don't want to be pestered by sales people, but I have also been known not to purchase something, because nobody in the store acknowledged me.

Do yourself a favor and address all potential clients with a friendly hello.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
A simple,"Hi there. Let me know if you have any questions today." works great.

If she looks anything like Laura Prepon:

"Wow, nice sweater kittens! What can I do to you today?"

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
I find a good starting topic is to talk about the weather. Its good because is always changing and it can determine if you are going on that snow trip or that good bike ride or not.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Cooter Brown said:
offer them a doob when they walk in your area, folks always spend more/easier whilst intoxicated :)
yes, they will buy more sockets & prolly sockets they already have when stoned.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
stinkyboy said:
That is a good point. In a bike store, usually some hand holding is required, but electronics, there are plenty of people who need some help.

Just be prepared for someone who thinks he knows more than you. Just smile, and walk away...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
sanjuro said:
That is a good point. In a bike store, usually some hand holding is required, but electronics, there are plenty of people who need some help.

Just be prepared for someone who thinks he knows more than you. Just smile, and walk away...
Also be prepared for someone who *actually* knows more than you do. :p