Quantcast

Jockey Hill, Kingston, NY

I have been trying to hook a ride here for two years. In '02 and '03 the snow was too deep.

Managed to get out for a few hours Friday, and hit Q-Man, Wintergreen, Groove, Straightshot, and Close to the Edge. It was worth the wait.

Thanks to Phil at Kingston Cyclery for the lead.

J

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
Thanks for the link, stosh! I'm more than a little sceptical of the claim to 20 miles of trails on Jockey hill, though...
Yeah well I'm not familiar with it but come to Stewart sometime and I'll show you around!! We're about 35min south of Kingston.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
johnbryanpeters said:
You ever go down to Ringwood? If you're in Newburgh, looks like you're within shooting distance...
I haven't been but I've been wanting to. I always drive by it but I don't know anybody who rides there.

pedaler845

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
There are about 20 miles at Jockey Hill. It pays to meet up with locals wherever you go. Some can be found via fatsinthecats.com. I'm pretty sure myself or other club members would offer info, maybe lead a ride. The local knowledge is that there are another 12 or so great miles of single connectable at Onteora Lake. The bike club's been an active force locally for years.

pedaler845

Chimp
Mar 29, 2005
I will add that due to the rocky terrain, the area drains well. It is likely tho yet to be seen, that this weekend will be ride~able!

HellBentDH

Chimp
Apr 2, 2005
Hello all,

I'm new to ridemonkey.com and southern NY. I'm so psyched to find this site and all the mtber's here. I'm pretty new to this end of the state, being originally from up north. All my riding buddies are up north, so I'm jonesin' for some people to ride with this summer. I live just outside of Greenwood Lake in Orange county. About a half an hour from Mountain Creek. I do some DH'ing but really need to get out for XC type riding to try to improve my fitness level. I've ridden some of the Steurt Trails over by the airport, they're alot of fun, beautiful terrain. What I'm wondering is, anybody here want to show a new guy to the area some of the good trails??
Drop me a line I'd love to hear from you.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
HellBentDH said:
Hello all,

I'm new to ridemonkey.com and southern NY. I'm so psyched to find this site and all the mtber's here. I'm pretty new to this end of the state, being originally from up north. All my riding buddies are up north, so I'm jonesin' for some people to ride with this summer. I live just outside of Greenwood Lake in Orange county. About a half an hour from Mountain Creek. I do some DH'ing but really need to get out for XC type riding to try to improve my fitness level. I've ridden some of the Steurt Trails over by the airport, they're alot of fun, beautiful terrain. What I'm wondering is, anybody here want to show a new guy to the area some of the good trails??
Drop me a line I'd love to hear from you.
check you're PM's