Quantcast

"Joe Kid on a Sting-Ray"

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
Saw this on Brain, the trailer looks great, very authentic, i think they could have done without Jesse James but hey i didn't even notice him in the trailer.

APRIL 20, 2005 -- PHILADELPHIA, PA (BRAIN)--The BMX documentary "Joe Kid on a Sting-Ray" recently premiered in Hollywood. Most of the people interviewed in the film were among the 500 in attendance at the premier, said Mark Eaton, the film's co-producer and co-director. "It was a who's who of the BMX world from the 70s and 80s through today," he said.

The film covers more than 30 years of BMX history and includes interviews with more than 50 critical figures including Scot Breithhaupt David Clinton, Hugo Gonzales, Bob Hadley, Bob Haro, Greg Hill, Mat Hoffman, Perry "PK" Kramer, Dave Mirra, Ryan Nyquist, Stu Thomsen and more.

Jesse James, owner of West Coast Choppers and star of the television show "Monster Garage," narrates the film and also is an executive producer along with Eaton and John Swarr.

Jointly sponsored by Schwinn and Vans, the film was shown for the first time at the X-Dance film festival earlier this year, where it was nominated for Best Picture and Best Story.

The film also will be shown at the Bicycle Film Festival in New York City May 14. Bang! Pictures, Swarr and Eaton's production company, is still finalizing distribution plans, but the film will be available to the public by mid-summer.

To view the film's trailer, go to www.joekidonastingray.com.

S.K.C.

Turbo Monkey
Feb 28, 2005
Pa. / North Jersey
...WOW man - that was a TOTAL blast from the past... I still have all my old copies of Freestylin' magazine and BMX Action - I used to get copies of them religiously... Ceppie Mayes??? Holy sh!t - he and Dizz Hicks used to ride for CW Racing back in the day when I was coming up - Dizz was the one that always kinda looked like Dee Synder from Twisted Sister... and R.L. Osborne??? "El Cid" ??? Inventor of the backwards rubber-ride, and countless other innovative flatland tricks... Every kid I knew wanted a Red Line RL-22 because of him... Dennis McCoy - I couldn't believe it - there was footage of him from when he used to ride for Haro... It was McCoy, Brian Blyther, Ron Wilkerson, Joe Johnson, and I think Dave Nourie (inventor of the Nourie Stand) on the Haro trick team - that was like 86' or 87'... and of Course Matt Hoffman - it's funny cause he started out as this gangly kid who would ride the halfpipe on an old Skyway T/A frame - an XL BMX frame... He killed it when he rode for Skyway back then - Him, Robert Peterson, and Scotty Freidman.... wow memories.....

I know sanjay

Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
The OC
"... he and John Swanguen had invented a bunch of tricks with 20 inch bikes that would make you brains fall out. Our two young heros were making BMX History. They were chiseling a whole new facet into the sport. It's called trick riding and it's totally different..."
-- January/February 1979 Bicycle Motocross Action

Props to Mad dogs dad, respect the rock walker.