Quantcast

Joey Harrington seriously injured in bicycle accident

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Joey-Harrington-seriously-injured-in-bicycle-acc?urn=nfl-wp4394

Harrington remains in a Portland, Ore., hospital with a broken collar bone, punctured lung and a cut on his head. The injuries are not life threatening and the former Detroit Lions quarterback is expected to be released on Tuesday.

He suffered the injuries after an SUV ran into him from behind. Harrington was biking home in an area without bike lanes when the driver, a 26-year-old man, drove too close and hit him. The man stayed with Harrington after the accident and cooperated with authorities. He later was cited for following too close.
Sucks.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
In the realm of bike injuries, it doesn't sound too bad. But it definitely sucks, esp in a bike friendly town like Portland.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I thought the same thing when I saw the headline. Nobody gives a sh!t about football here, so he has it pretty well.

Hit from behind, he should be used to that.
Thats not the way I remember it. Every time he tossed a ball in detroit the PDX local news casts would get their panties all wet. Damn that town desperately needs somebody other than the Blazers.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
angry rednecks everywhere will be conflicted and confused... their love of football vs their hatred of cyclists
Well he was "on his way home"... Maybe he was on his way home from the "roadhouse" after some Pabst and he had too many DUI's so he couldn't drive any more. Then the RN's would understand.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thats not the way I remember it. Every time he tossed a ball in detroit the PDX local news casts would get their panties all wet. Damn that town desperately needs somebody other than the Blazers.
But football in general has no place outside of Gresham. Local boy does ANYTHING and it makes the news. I guess it's better than hearing another sex scandal (Mayor, congressmen...).

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Hold on, you are telling me that the Portland Trail Blazers left Portland???

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
Bummer, least hes probably still in good shape, should help his recovery immensely.

This won't help his football career at all. Oh wait..........
9 years in the league, he may not have done much, but gotta give him credit for that.

I'll admit I am a lions fan, and I can assure you, i'd rather be hit by an SUV on my bike than stand in the pocket behind the Lions O-Line. I'm sure joey would too