Quantcast

John Cusack came into the shop today.....

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
and before we noticed who he was we were already making fun of his Electric bike (Yes, I have become that big a bike snob). Then I shook his had laughed and walked away. That is all.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
I have heard he was a cock before, (switching baseball allegiances, Cubs to Sox, while the Sox where in the World Series drive) and that he was pretty cool. Any impressions? His sister is supposed to be way cool...
BTW, what shop are you at? City or burbs?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Anyone who switches from Cubs to Sox or vice versa is a POS of the highest magnitude.

J

JRB

BurlyShirley said:
I wouldnt expect someone from a baseball-les heathen country like yourself to get that.
It doesn't matter in my country either.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
What is this "baseball" you speak of? :p

It's fun to play, but I would rather watch paint dry than watch a baseball game.

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Ran into Cusack back at the height of his career at a Beat Farmer's show at Biddy Mulligan's up on North Sheridan.

As for baseball, if he is a cubs fan why can't he root for the sox in the world series? The cubs are usually mathmatically out of the running by mid-june.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Are you from Chicago? If so, you must know that you cant root for both. That would get you killed on the South side, and your latte spilled on the North side! But I grew up in the West burbs, what do I know...
BTW, the Beat Farmers rocked! RIP, Country Dick!

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Born in Lombard, used to live up on Sheridan rd. in the old "Bob Newhart" building right on the lake. Then moved to Rogers Park. Moved @ ~30 years old.

Cubs were good for day games because I could take the L from my condo right down to the park. Sox were better for night games.

I didn't really care about baseball as much as getting out in the fresh air with friends and drinking beer.

You can root for both.

Best country dick action was laying on his back, picking up a beer with his feet and swinging it (between his feet) up over him so the beer fell down directly into his mouth. What a guy, can't believe that would kill him....

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
The girl made me watch High Fidelity and Must Love Dogs last night. Not bad, I liked High Fidelity much better (Jack Black cracks me up).

EricMcFlow

Monkey
Jul 9, 2005
Chicago
Trying to be a Cubs and Sox fan is like having a bike thats half Campy and half Shimano. Neither camp is going to give you respect for it.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
EricMcFlow said:
Trying to be a Cubs and Sox fan is like having a bike thats half Campy and half Shimano. Neither camp is going to give you respect for it.
LOL Now that's a good wy to explain it! :rofl:

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Austin Bike said:
Born in Lombard, used to live up on Sheridan rd. in the old "Bob Newhart" building right on the lake. Then moved to Rogers Park. Moved @ ~30 years old.

Cubs were good for day games because I could take the L from my condo right down to the park. Sox were better for night games.

I didn't really care about baseball as much as getting out in the fresh air with friends and drinking beer.

You can root for both.

Best country dick action was laying on his back, picking up a beer with his feet and swinging it (between his feet) up over him so the beer fell down directly into his mouth. What a guy, can't believe that would kill him....
Yeah you can root for both, just dont tell anyone at either park! I always wanted to hit a day Cubbie game (my team) and then a night Sox game. It was good to see a Chicago team take the Series last year. Anyone but the Yankees...
I am originally from Glendale Heights/Glen Ellyn, nice to meet another who successfully escaped DuPage Cty!