Quantcast

john herod?

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
as y'all know, i don't follow the DH racing scene much. i was leafing through sponsorhouse the other day, just seeing who was up there when i came across this john herod guy... wait, john herod? from morgantown? weird, there used to be this john herod guy in a band i friggin loved called Lincoln from morgantown. a bunch of us dweebs in the wheeling HC scene (HA!!) were greatly inspired by these guys.

here's my favorite lincoln song: http://www.blanksky.com/music/Lincoln - Bench Warmer.mp3

turns out now he's riding bikes just like me... but much, much, much faster :) the intrawebbernet is a funny place.

Jun 4, 2002
Berryville, VA
Theres a place in Romney, WV. I'll be god dam ed if I can remember the name of it but, they have a BMX track and a Motorcross track that had put on some DH races (all shuttle) and I believe he (Herod) cut the trails and won the few times they had DH.
They named the trail after him, "King Herod's" trail. I don't know about the Hardcore band stuff. But it warms my heart that Wheeling has a HC scene! Punk is appearently NOT DEAD!

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
lol... i know wheeling had a pretty small but creative hardcore/punk scene 10 or 15 years ago when i was there, dunno what it's like now... punk could very well be dead :D

zaphod1

Monkey
Oct 7, 2004
great mills md
about 10-12 years ago i used to hang out in wheeling and see hc shows at a place we called the hanger, next to TJ sports bar. wheeling used to have a good hc/punk scene going on, i used to know a band called synergy that used to play there all the time.

corey_rideDC

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
DCmetro
whoa, small world indeed... you mean vern, greg, patrick and tj?? yeah, i used to book shows at the hangar and was in several bands with all those guys... me and greg and patrick were in a band called bala and the union deposit road that we eventually moved down here to virginia. i've probably met you at some point :thumb: