Quantcast

John Lee Malvo, Tried as an adult?

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Would this be used as a deterrant? Lame! When people go on shooting rampages they don't think, "Wait, Malvo was tried as an adult! ****!"

Used to increase his punishment, for punishments sake? How about send him to prison, into counseling, make him figure out why he did it, why it was wrong, and have him tour the country to speak at high schools (in an orange prison suit and chains) about the path he took that led him to those actions and what he believes others can do to avoid the same path. Children, Parents, School Officials, Society In General learn from his and our mistakes....... and he does it all in order to improve his prison conditions from food/water oriented to cable tv oriented.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
Originally posted by patconnole
Would this be used as a deterrant? Lame! When people go on shooting rampages they don't think, "Wait, Malvo was tried as an adult! ****!"

Used to increase his punishment, for punishments sake? How about send him to prison, into counseling, make him figure out why he did it, why it was wrong, and have him tour the country to speak at high schools (in an orange prison suit and chains) about the path he took that led him to those actions and what he believes others can do to avoid the same path. Children, Parents, School Officials, Society In General learn from his and our mistakes....... and he does it all in order to improve his prison conditions from food/water oriented to cable tv oriented.
I think you need to look at it from the victims perspective. If it was my wife that was killed, I would want the little sh!t dead! Hell, i'd do it myself.

We know why he did it, it's no big mystery. He didn't get enough love from his mommy, and this psycho starts talking to him, so now he feels love from a maniac. WHO GIVES A SH!T why he did it! He needs to pay for his crime. Period.

How would you have handled Hitler? Get him to tell everyone he's sorry, everyone hug and cry, then all is forgiven?

I'm sick of this liberal crap!

mrbigisbudgood

Strangely intrigued by Echo
Oct 30, 2001
Charlotte, NC
Originally posted by Jesus
I think you need to look at it from the victims perspective. If it was my wife that was killed, I would want the little sh!t dead! Hell, i'd do it myself.

We know why he did it, it's no big mystery. He didn't get enough love from his mommy, and this psycho starts talking to him, so now he feels love from a maniac. WHO GIVES A SH!T why he did it! He needs to pay for his crime. Period.

How would you have handled Hitler? Get him to tell everyone he's sorry, everyone hug and cry, then all is forgiven?

!!!!!!! YEAH !!!!!!!! DEATH BY BUTTERKNIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA

I've never had some big personal loss because of someone else's actions, so I can't say for sure how I'd feel about the perpetrator's punishment... I haven't crossed that "bridge", so I'm able to look at it from an idealist's perspective. And, my ideal is (not sure what it's based on, part of christianity?), is that we don't kill to punish, and we try to learn from history.

You totally exagerate my position, simply because it has a less revenge oriented solution..... Did I say hug? say sorry? cry? forgive? Those are the hippie/pacifists/"weak" stereotypes. As soon as someone even suggests that we take a less violent approach the "Liberal, Weak, Hippie, Pacifist" bell goes off in your head (IMO), and you make some big leap to me wanting to have Hitler of all people say sorry as punishment?

Anyway, my ideal punishment for him would be to spend the rest of his life in prison in minimalist conditions (food/water) with the option of going out and speaking (IN CHAINS) to people his story can benefit, in order to improve his prison conditions (if the state deems it worthwhile). You and I may know why he did it-- But as evidenced from even posts on this board, many many teens/kids will head on his path one day, and hearing his story while watching him speak, IN CHAINS, would not only act as a deterrant but hopefully give people that may follow in his footsteps a better option.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I've never had some big personal loss because of someone else's actions, so I can't say for sure how I'd feel about the perpetrator's punishment... I haven't crossed that "bridge", so I'm able to look at it from an idealist's perspective. And, my ideal is (not sure what it's based on, part of christianity?), is that we don't kill to punish, and we try to learn from history.

You totally exagerate my position, simply because it has a less revenge oriented solution..... Did I say hug? say sorry? cry? forgive? Those are the hippie/pacifists/"weak" stereotypes. As soon as someone even suggests that we take a less violent approach the "Liberal, Weak, Hippie, Pacifist" bell goes off in your head (IMO), and you make some big leap to me wanting to have Hitler of all people say sorry as punishment?

Anyway, my ideal punishment for him would be to spend the rest of his life in prison in minimalist conditions (food/water) with the option of going out and speaking (IN CHAINS) to people his story can benefit, in order to improve his prison conditions (if the state deems it worthwhile). You and I may know why he did it-- But as evidenced from even posts on this board, many many teens/kids will head on his path one day, and hearing his story while watching him speak, IN CHAINS, would not only act as a deterrant but hopefully give people that may follow in his footsteps a better option.

Why should he be given the opportunity to better ANYTHING about his miserable condition? If you MUST make an example of him to children, let it be done by videotape from his solitary death-row cell(in manacles) as an incentive to make his sentance less painful. Let him EARN the mercy of lethal injection as an alternative to the chair or gallows.:dead:

TimeBomb

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Brockton, MA, U.S.A.
Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. Kill the prick.

Rehabilitation cost hard working tax payers too much money. Put him in stocks in the center of town & let the victims families stone him to death. We could raise money for the families too. I know I would pay a few bucks to throw a rock at this SCUM BAG.

I'm with you Jesus, I'm sick of liberal crap.

johnny33fb

Chimp
Jul 24, 2002
Glens Falls, ny
BFD said "Eye for an Eye, Tooth for a Tooth. Kill the prick.

Rehabilitation cost hard working tax payers too much money. Put him in stocks in the center of town & let the victims families stone him to death. We could raise money for the families too. I know I would pay a few bucks to throw a rock at this SCUM BAG.

I'm with you Jesus, I'm sick of liberal crap."

Rehabilitation would cost tax money but if you look at the big picture you would be saving money. You could just send him to death row but really what good is it gonna get done, none and no one except the families will benefit from seeing what was "right" done. By rehabilitation you would be keeping other people from being in this situation and it we wouldnt have to look at so many of these cases of day/week/year. We would have less people in prison "saving" tax money, but its probably just gonna be wasted on something else by the gov't.

Now about throwing stones at him we could do that.... if we were some unhumane society, we could also do what china does and shoot him make his family pay for the bullet and then harvest his organs and sell them on the black market. Or stone him like they do in some countries in Africa. Have you ever looked at what countries still have the death penatly (china, iran, iraq... and a few other wonderful countries... i dont see why we still want to be on a list that has anything in common with these countries.)

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
This SOB instilled terror into the Mid-atlantic area with his or his "buddy's" killings and shootings. I for one was afraid for myself and my finance. (both living in the metro DC area.) I've shopped at that Home Depot many times before and after the shooting there. I drive through the neighborhoods in Maryland where these other shootings occured. I've bought gas at the gas stations south of town on 95.

This "little prick" needs to pay for what he did, not only to the families, but to everyone. I'm for pain. Set an example. Let the teens see that. F*** him.

Sorry, getting out of hand. I'm done.

Jorvik

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
I honestly don't know anymore.
I say attach electrodes to his testicals and apply 1,000,000 volts w/ 5 amps or so. That'll fix him.

On to the subject of minors being tried as adults. A minor can be sent to prison and sodomized by their cell mate for life, or sent to the chair, but they can't buy a damn beer? Eh. Maybe this viewpoint is only seen by those of us who are underage (myself included), but doesn't it seem a little rediculous that we can be drafted and sent to war on behalf of our country when we can't go to a bar. Eh.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by ummbikes
A life of hard labor...

Am I liberal?

:confused:

Yes. And a hippie, pacifist, and some other stuff too. You probably wanted to make Hitler hug his victims as punishment.

I'm sick of these liberals wanting "peaceful", less "violent" solutions. Pansies, that's what I call 'em.

(sarcasm off)

http://www.religioustolerance.org/executb.htm
good pro/con analysis.

If I was to support the death penalty, I'd make it so they were publicly held.... like in a central park, or at a main intersection in the city, a place where many many people live and work. It might backfire on me, but it would at least connect people with what they're sanctioning. It's easier to support the dirty work when you can't see it.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Yes. And a hippie, pacifist, and some other stuff too. You probably wanted to make Hitler hug his victims as punishment.

I'm sick of these liberals wanting "peaceful", less "violent" solutions. Pansies, that's what I call 'em.

(sarcasm off)

http://www.religioustolerance.org/executb.htm
good pro/con analysis.

If I was to support the death penalty, I'd make it so they were publicly held.... like in a central park, or at a main intersection in the city, a place where many many people live and work. It might backfire on me, but it would at least connect people with what they're sanctioning. It's easier to support the dirty work when you can't see it.
True dat, thats why Damn True's post with the aborted babies was so disturbing...

I understand wanting to kill Malvo, Bin Laden, Hussien, who ever signed Warrant to a major label, but I'm still conflicted with how that jibes with my relgious system.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Originally posted by ummbikes
True dat, thats why Damn True's post with the aborted babies was so disturbing...

I understand wanting to kill Malvo, Bin Laden, Hussien, who ever signed Warrant to a major label, but I'm still conflicted with how that jibes with my relgious system.

I'm so glad I wasn't reading that thread, I wasn't too interested.... Then I checked it out yesterday, but started reading on pages 9-10, saw these references to "pictures", in a abortion thread. Ewww.

But I agree, the same logic applies. It's easier to support the dirty work when you can't see it.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
For me personally, I have seen the dirty work of people getting "put to death" (Bosnia, Norther Africa, Middle East, etc...), and I support it. Especially in a case like this where the guy is obviously guilty.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
For me personally, I have seen the dirty work of people getting "put to death" (Bosnia, Norther Africa, Middle East, etc...), and I support it. Especially in a case like this where the guy is obviously guilty.
Yep, this could easily backfire on me.