Quantcast

Johnson City

OK So the one race I can do this year is JC. I ran into a guy that went to Sugar and asked him how he did. He says...

I got 8th...and won the series.

I say "WTF"

"What about Johnson City?"

He says "Not gonna happen" (not a direct quote)

I say "Whaaat?"

Can someone elaborate on this? just tell me what the deal is?

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
jet said:
OK So the one race I can do this year is JC. I ran into a guy that went to Sugar and asked him how he did. He says...

I say "WTF"

I say "Whaaat?"

Terry is at Snowshoe so he'll elaborate when he can.

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
and guys wonder why there is no sponsership $$$ in this part of the country. you have riders who dont have any idea whats going on, whether there is a race or not a race. the solution is to cut the umbilical cord that has all you guys tied to places like sugar-fontana-etsu etc... and just ride for fun over here at "the rock". come on, you gotta face your fears sooner or later.

spoke80

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2001
dhbuilder said:
and guys wonder why there is no sponsership $$$ in this part of the country. you have riders who dont have any idea whats going on, whether there is a race or not a race. the solution is to cut the umbilical cord that has all you guys tied to places like sugar-fontana-etsu etc... and just ride for fun over here at "the rock". come on, you gotta face your fears sooner or later.

Welcome Joey!

Your first post and guns blazing. :D

Jet,
Go back to the "South" forum and read the thread that Terry posted a while back. The info you seek is within your grasp.

stanky_dlx

Chimp
Dec 16, 2003
Hotlanta
jet said:

I say "WTF"

I say "Whaaat?"

Are you mixing up your series? The only Maxxis SSS race that I know of is in Sept. The Cane Creek Cup for DH (Dark Mtn, Fontana, and Sugar) is over as of now.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
dhbuilder said:
Fix the mtnx course and we're there.
BTW, how are the jumps down the hill behind the start?

ztlh13

Monkey
May 9, 2003
East Tennessee
Hell yes the race is on in JC!!

Don't listen to the haters, they're just mad because they won't be able to clear the table from hell.

And Joey, don't start hating ETSU, we are a slalom school, but we do the best we can with what we got!