Quantcast

Joint Pain on DH...suggestions?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
My bones absolutely ache after a few runs at Whistler. It's only on rutted out DH runs, partly because of my death grip on the handlebars, all through my fingers, wrists, elbows, shoulders and back. I can't seem to find a pain medicine that helps with this particular problem. I've tried the usual suspects (Asprin, AB Profin, etc) but am looking for other advice.

Does anyone have this problem and do anything that works, like taping or a particular medicine or vitamin or something?

Thanks!

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
An expert will be along shortly to resolve your problems. Make sure you follow the experts advice to the letter to avoid ridicule upon your follow up questions regarding 29rs, Automobiles, or investment decisions you may need for us to make later on down the road.... Also make sure to check your spelling and grammar, as nothing can derail a worthwhile thread like that. If your not shy PM Montashu for some sound advice.

buildyourown

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
South Seattle
I would bet it's your posture and weight distribution.
Your weight should be on your feet, and you shouldn't have to grip the bars hard at all. Your shoulders and arms should be loose and relaxed. Don't fight the bumps. Let them move the bike under you.

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
An expert will be along shortly to resolve your problems. Make sure you follow the experts advice to the letter to avoid ridicule upon your follow up questions regarding 29rs, Automobiles, or investment decisions you may need for us to make later on down the road.... Also make sure to check your spelling and grammar, as nothing can derail a worthwhile thread like that. If your not shy PM Montashu for some sound advice.
I activated the experts for you... Your welcome.... Even though I am not a twin I have Wondertwin powers....
*You're :rofl:

Thanks guys :)

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Dehydration contributes to joint pain. Drink tons of water and consider sports drinks for longer days on the mountain.

Relax that death drip. Try to warm up a bit before you really get after it.

And oh yeah, don't get old. :D

skibunny24

Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Dehydration contributes to joint pain. Drink tons of water and consider sports drinks for longer days on the mountain.

Relax that death drip. Try to warm up a bit before you really get after it.

And oh yeah, don't get old. :D
It was suuuper hot over the weekend, we were trying to stay hydrated, but that could definitely be why is was SO bad, good one!

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
buildyourown hit the nail on the head. remember to stay loose on the bike. if you watch the pros their head never moves but the bike is going everywhere. and remember to keep weight off your hands... with out moving your weight back. it takes a lot of practice. haha

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
fiddle with your fork settings. I seem to have gotten mine figured out. night and day in arm pump.

Whistler is just hard on everything. You'll get used to it...just in time to head back home.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
*You're :rofl:

Thanks guys :)
Now that you are an expert maybe you can help me with this one? Is it true that you get Hemorrhoids from pushing to hard while you are on the crapper? I would like to enlist you to answer all my Fecal biased question now that we have determined that your Fecal freakeness, or would that be you're Fecal Freakness?

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Now that you are an expert maybe you can help me with this one? Is it true that you get Hemorrhoids from pushing to hard while you are on the crapper? I would like to enlist you to answer all my Fecal biased question now that we have determined that your Fecal freakeness, or would that be you're Fecal Freakness?
T.M.I. :shocked:

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
I hear heroin helps.

Or if you can find that girl who is a baby with a baby that strips, I hear she has some decent meth.

I found going faster, and letting the bike do the work, beat me up a lot less than death gripping and using my body to slow myself down. Work smarter, not harder, Scrooge McDuck!

Hunter

Monkey
Sep 14, 2006
The Right coast
Yeah, all the stuff above about relaxing the grip and body position will work better than anything.

Traumeel or Arnica work well on the "natural" front. I find it more effective on back pain than the usual over-the-counter suspects.