Quantcast

Joplin 4?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
Does anyone have time on a Joplin 4 post (the 2010 model)? I sent in my old one which started leaking oil, had tons of play and was kind of a pain. They're offering me a repair -or- a Joplin 4 for $139 shipped. Do you guys think it's worth it? I'm skeptical because my other one was a bit of a turd, but I also think maybe they've worked out some of the kinks. They claim it has a better seal and less side to side play, but I'm still not sure.
Thanks!

4130biker

May 24, 2007
New 4" Joplin is indeed better. Not just an extra inch but the wobble and sideplay is fixed, and you no longer need to worry about bike/post being left upside down etc.
Thanks, do you have one? Also, does it still come up if you lift the bike by the seat?

euroford

Chimp
Dec 8, 2009
i'm on a KS 950 remote and i find it unimprovable. it goes up when you want it up, down when you want it down and doesn't do anything else. great little gadget, can't say enough about it. i like it so much that i even put my treasured bottlerocket under the knife to make one fit, machined out the seattube to 30.9.

cableguy

Monkey
Jun 23, 2007
Southern California
I ran KS i900 for a year with no problems other than the stupid remote which they redesigned for 2010. Liked it so much that I got a i950 for a different bike. I haven't tried the new Joplin 4, but compared to Joplin 3" model, it is no contest. Never liked the Gravity Dropper either. KS i950 was perfect for a 30-mile XC ride last week, working flawlessly.

4130biker

May 24, 2007
command post?

My buddy has one, and we were at blackrock this weekend, and the seat was going up on him after he jumped. Looked like a pain in the butt. :rofl: I know specialized is great with thier warranties, but still.