Quantcast

Josh Bender on TLC

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I've decided to open a can of worms.

I was watching sports disaters on TLC tonight and to my supprise they featured Josh Bender. He was trying to do a 40ft+/- drop, and ragdolled big time, I know what a shock. They then showed him hit the same drop a year later, and ragdoll again, but not quite as bad the second time.

Anyhow, just thought I'd share. Start the Bender bash/ defending Bender fight........................

NOW:mumble:

May 22, 2006
B-ham
The shots of him rag dolling off of the 40 ft cliff can also be seen in Fat Tire Fury, it was shot in Kamloops BC. Bender sucks he has no skill just big balls and no brain.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
joltedmtnrider said:
Bender sucks he has no skill just big balls and no brain.
Quality first post. :nonono:

Never met the guy so I can't judge. Cool for coverage. Funny as hell that The Learning channel had segments of him ragdolling the Jah[w?] Drop ... twice.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
dude relax bender is a good rider, i rode with him at the zion freeride festival 9, he is pretty down to earth, go ride with bender then tell me he sucks...

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
I heard bender is now working as Wade Simmons' stunt double for whenever they want to do a crash scene in the vids :rolleyes:

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
Does anyone think it is the least bit funny that a "similar thread" to this is "people that need to go away" hahhahah scroll down and look at the bottom:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I give Bender credit for being one of the pioneers for balls-out freeriding.

I also give him credit for not killing himself.

I hear he's a good rider. He's not that good at drops, though, and I don't really get that entertained by watching him hit the ground without his bike over and over again. He brings the criticism on himself - all the guys that leap to his defense and say "I rode with him at blah blah blah" are kidding themselves if they think it matters.

I could be the world's best singer, but if every time I get up in front of the cameras, I sing out of tune, people are going to tell me I suck. That's the way it is; it doesn't matter what you do in private.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
binary visions said:
I give Bender credit for being one of the pioneers for balls-out freeriding.

I also give him credit for not killing himself.

I hear he's a good rider. He's not that good at drops, though, and I don't really get that entertained by watching him hit the ground without his bike over and over again. He brings the criticism on himself - all the guys that leap to his defense and say "I rode with him at blah blah blah" are kidding themselves if they think it matters.

I could be the world's best singer, but if every time I get up in front of the cameras, I sing out of tune, people are going to tell me I suck. That's the way it is; it doesn't matter what you do in private.
So basically, Bender is the William Hung of Freeriders?:rofl:

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Josh is a super nice guy, but he just goes huge. Sure he has balls of steel, but the Jaw Drop(Kamloops, B.C.) just killed him. He does have one thing going for him, he's a good crasher.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Here I was thinking you were going to tell me he was on "What's not to wear" and got made over. "He still falls a lot, but he looks fantastic doing it in an outfit that matches his bike and can be worn both to work and out on the town..."

Jun 19, 2006
How can you hate someone with a heart bigger than thow? The man has invented a way to ride his bike and get paid for it! All should respect that......that is if they love to ride! Personally, his heart is bigger than his balls! And his talent, whether it be crashing or landing, has some jene se qua that is incomparable to any other!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I think you mean "Je ne sais pas" but either way, some people have nothing better to do than hate on Bender... just ignore them ;)

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Echo said:
I think you mean "Je ne sais pas" but either way, some people have nothing better to do than hate on Bender... just ignore them ;)
Actually "Je ne sais pas" meens I don't know it, or it's like saying I dunno. Je ne sais qua, is I don't know what, he was just using phonetics, I think anyway.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
"Je ne sais quoi".

'I do not know what'; indescribable attractive attribute or quality; 'a certain something'

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
yeah pretty much..
stunt junkies had mtbing on discovery channel..whats his name, the dude that pulls 360s at the rbr..he was doing the longest, most consectuive line, it was pretty cool. they went to specialized and checked the frames and breaking strength..it takes 11gs to crack a demo, i think its a demo...and it just bends the frame, which it takes osmthing like 20gs to snap it

habitatxskate

blah blah blah
Mar 22, 2005
merrrjig the photography whats going on!

i want that extreme sports channel they had out..24/7 surfing, biking, skateboarding, and stuff, it was awesome.

Jun 18, 2004
No way Bender is a god... he even signed my Banshee... unfortunatley the ink smired though... so I just wrote Bender w/a white paint pen where he signed my bike... I'm gonna get like 5 thousands for it because he signed it... ah hell yah!