Quantcast

Josh bender's new sponsor?

freeridermtb4

Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
I looked and saw that bender is not on the Banshee team anymore, who is sponsoring him now? or is he still with banshee

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
freeridermtb4 said:
I looked and saw that bender is not on the Banshee team anymore, who is sponsoring him now? or is he still with banshee
When I saw him in Bootleg he was on a Banshee. However, he does change sponsors quite a bit...

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
frznnomad said:
i thought canifield dropped him (sorry i cant speel) or maybee i was just hearing bull ****.
or maybe he dropped canfield, and broke his legs in the process (mtb pun)

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
nice rumors.

he's riding for Lance & Chris. his bike can be seen on their website.

as to "he breaks too many bikes," that's ridiculous. it's been a while since he trashed a frame. a pretty long while.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
gonzostrike said:
nice rumors.

he's riding for Lance & Chris. his bike can be seen on their website.

as to "he breaks too many bikes," that's ridiculous. it's been a while since he trashed a frame. a pretty long while.

Er...I rememer In a thread a while back (Few months) That he had broken some rear piece on his super burly custom frame...

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
gonzostrike said:
you're talking out of your azz now, I suggest you stop.
your talking out of your as$. Bender just trashed a frame a few weeks ago.
Bender went and had a custom bike built for him by another company, while he was riding for Banshee. Banshee wasn't having it. It's as simple as that.

gonzostrike

Monkey
May 21, 2002
Montana
Zach Dank said:
your talking out of your as$. Bender just trashed a frame a few weeks ago.
Bender went and had a custom bike built for him by another company, while he was riding for Banshee. Banshee wasn't having it. It's as simple as that.
when was the last time he busted a frame BEFORE this recent one?

last frame I remember him breaking was a Karpiel. about 3 years ago.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Holy Big Picture Batman!

But besides who his sponsor is, can he actually ride now, or does he still just huck off stuff? The hucking is cool, i'm not dissing it, but the dude really has NO skill. (or at least didnt, I havent seen anything about him in at least a year)

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
I have a challenge for the bike designers of the world: Come up with a bike frame that weighs under 9lbs that can withstand a year of bender hacking. That'd be one hell of a way for a company to make a claim that their bike is tough.
Its a great marketing idea if you ask me. OR EVEN BETTER make it a contest for up and coming designers. Have a bunch of people design a bike then you get some guys that know what they are talking about as judges (DW, Frank the welder, Cainfield bros, etc. etc.) to pick a winner, then if it can withstand Bender hacking for a a specified amount of time, The bike will be mass produced.

you could even make it a reality show on one of the outdoor network stations (I use rabbit ears on my TV, I don't really watch TV, I don't even know if thats a real channel... my bad if its not) Once the winner is picked, they could follow bender around for a year, show a bunch of huge hucks, and see what happens.

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
BigMike said:
Holy Big Picture Batman!

But besides who his sponsor is, can he actually ride now, or does he still just huck off stuff? The hucking is cool, i'm not dissing it, but the dude really has NO skill. (or at least didnt, I havent seen anything about him in at least a year)
your making steem come out of gonzos ears. He is the #1 Bender groupie of all times.

Aug 30, 2005
San Diego
yes he has skill. if u mean doing half-ass bmx tricks on a mountain bike skill then i guess he doesn't have much skill. a lot of the huge gaps u see guys doing at the rampage were done first by bender. there's a cool segment at the end of NWD5 of bender doing a backflip on his 60lb banshee... he lands it on like the 6th try. fun to watch:)

when u can pin down what he does then start talking.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
gonzostrike said:
when was the last time he busted a frame BEFORE this recent one?

last frame I remember him breaking was a Karpiel. about 3 years ago.
I distincly remember him snapping more than a few Stab Primos when he was riding for Kona thier briefly a few years back (after Karpiel).

scurban said:
I have a challenge for the bike designers of the world: Come up with a bike frame that weighs under 9lbs that can withstand a year of bender hacking. That'd be one hell of a way for a company to make a claim that their bike is tough.
Its a great marketing idea if you ask me. OR EVEN BETTER make it a contest for up and coming designers. Have a bunch of people design a bike then you get some guys that know what they are talking about as judges (DW, Frank the welder, Cainfield bros, etc. etc.) to pick a winner, then if it can withstand Bender hacking for a a specified amount of time, The bike will be mass produced.

you could even make it a reality show on one of the outdoor network stations (I use rabbit ears on my TV, I don't really watch TV, I don't even know if thats a real channel... my bad if its not) Once the winner is picked, they could follow bender around for a year, show a bunch of huge hucks, and see what happens.

Why? It would just have to be steel and friggin heavy. No real design would have to go into it as it would just have to be able to withstand one drop at a time.. Good for Josh, absolutely useless for everyone else.

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
lets see some o yur dumbarses try and drop half that stuff.. Most o ya talkin trash, would not try any o the stuff Bender has done.. Yall , i suppose , just have to live through someone else.. I have ridden w/ him, he is a cool dude, good day or bad.. Everyone has good and bad dayz.. Go ride already.. if ya can.. :sneaky:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mountaingoat said:
lets see some o yur dumbarses try and drop half that stuff.. Most o ya talkin trash, would not try any o the stuff Bender has done.. Yall , i suppose , just have to live through someone else.. I have ridden w/ him, he is a cool dude, good day or bad.. Everyone has good and bad dayz.. Go ride already.. if ya can.. :sneaky:

Well, I can't go ride, because I have a sprained knee........... so i'll stay on here and argue :D

mountaingoat

Monkey
Nov 22, 2003
Hell Paso Texas
BigMike said:
Well, I can't go ride, because I have a sprained knee........... so i'll stay on here and argue :D
Damnit.. Heal up.. I am outta commision too, damn appendix had to screw up the weekend.. all this talkin bout riding, I wanna ride.. Good day or bad day riding is better than sittin round waitin to heal.. bwahahaha .. heal up soon yo.. peace
:mumble:

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
mountaingoat said:
Damnit.. Heal up.. I am outta commision too, damn appendix had to screw up the weekend.. all this talkin bout riding, I wanna ride.. Good day or bad day riding is better than sittin round waitin to heal.. bwahahaha .. heal up soon yo.. peace
:mumble:

you too bro

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
scurban said:
Its a great marketing idea if you ask me.
I'd say that frame could be very easily done.....especially since you make no mention of suspension efficiency

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
more Bender bashing?......how many of you can ride flying monkey as fast as him??..he has skill,I have seen him ride...don't believe hype!!!...D

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
what is the matter with you guys. bender is a fellow hucker like the rest of us. why trash a guy whos out there breaking boundries in our sport and bringing us to a new level. not only that hes a rider and riders stick together no matter how you ride, what you ride, where you ride, or who you are. theres to few of us to be trashing one another we need to be expanding out sport not trashing someone who brings us to new levels. sorry my little spill is over so just remember what i said fellas. just remember two wheels on the dirt is optimal, one wheel on the ground is fun, and no wheels means your doing what a hucker needs to be doing. okay fellas peace not war. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
frznnomad said:
what is the matter with you guys. bender is a fellow hucker like the rest of us. why trash a guy whos out there breaking boundries in our sport and bringing us to a new level. not only that hes a rider and riders stick together no matter how you ride, what you ride, where you ride, or who you are. theres to few of us to be trashing one another we need to be expanding out sport not trashing someone who brings us to new levels. sorry my little spill is over so just remember what i said fellas. just remember two wheels on the dirt is optimal, one wheel on the ground is fun, and no wheels means your doing what a hucker needs to be doing. okay fellas peace not war. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Most people bash Bender because they think that following the herd makes them fit in, and seem cooler in some way. Bender is Bender. He was my teamate on Banshee untill he did some silly $hit. He might not be the best mountain biker in the world, but i'm prety sure that he never claimed to be. The guy loves to ride bikes, and jump off of big $hit. He doesn't sit on the internet bashing other peoples riding skills. He is a true mountain biker, and he rides every kind of trail, all over the world. Who is cooler, Bender, or the clowns on the internet trying to clown on his riding ability? Bender has my respect.

Sep 10, 2001
I haven't had the pleasure of riding with Bender, but a few very good friends of mine have. They have all told me Bender can do much more than just huck. I have met him on several occasions, and I will say this.... Bender truely is one of the coolest guys around. A little out there at times, but still a good guy... He just looks at things with a different perspective than most of us...

Brian

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
and that is what makes us huckers and makes us bikers. we look at things with a different perspective each and everyone of us. so stop bashing someone who is letting the creative huck juices flow and using them to the best of his ability.

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
what does that have to do with anything montashu. im not going around saying im the greatest freerider i just respect other riders who are trying to expand my sport. its people like bender, kyle straight, steve romaniuk, matt hunter, thomas vanderham, timo pretzel, richie schley, wade simmons, and dave watson that keep our sport moving wheather its xc or dh.

ohh and to answer your question i am not the greatest hucker around, but how good i am is not the question that needs to be asked here.