Quantcast

Josh Ingram is a scammer.

29nsingle

Chimp
Nov 12, 2007
Don't buy anything from Josh Ingram. His username here is HxCMTB, and he is a liar and a scammer. I bought some hubs (which probably never existed) off of him on Oct. 31, and have yet to see them (it's almost March 2008). He cashed my check on Nov. 7th, but says, "I never got the check." He lives in NC. Pay me back Josh, you've borrowed my money long enough. Anyone else out there get scammed by him? :disgust1:

My email is dling1@cinci.rr.com

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I did a search because I thought I had heard his name mentioned before, but it was just an old thread started by you and subsequently deleted about this scam :p.

Sorry for your troubles. I'd contact his local police department, tell them you have evidence of his cashed check and would like to press charges.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Check that thread. There are links to NC arrest records. If the address there matches the one to which you sent your check, I would definitely contact that local police department.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
You can also easily put a lien on his car or home.
You would need a physical address for his property though.
That way, if he tries to change the title to someone elses name (sell / trade), he would have to pay you off first.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You can also easily put a lien on his car or home.
You would need a physical address for his property though.
That way, if he tries to change the title to someone elses name (sell / trade), he would have to pay you off first.
Not without some sort of court judgement against him, you can't.

GotMyGED

Monkey
Mar 29, 2006
Knoxville
Not without some sort of court judgement against him, you can't.
Actually thats not true. You can put a lien on anything. Go down to your local Staples or office supply store, they sell blank lien forms. They may take you to court once they find that a lien has been placed on their property, but normally they would just pay you what they owe you in order to avoid court.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Why would you pay someone you dont know with a cheque...at least use a money order so you can get your money back if you dont get what you bought.
A money order is worse. How do you think that you can get your money back?

Bad advice...

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Why would you pay someone you dont know with a cheque...at least use a money order so you can get your money back if you dont get what you bought.
Huh?

A postal money order is the same as cash. A bank money order is the same as a check. How, exactly, do you get your money back?