Quantcast

JRPS and Pocahontas Trail Conditions?

Aug 30, 2007
I am visiting from NoVa and was planning on a ride, but wasnt sure if everything was a slopfest. Both, or either of these places good to go? Calling the local shops was a dead end.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Like anyone rides period except to shows and to get more black hair dye, slowly slowly on the trendy track bike.:biggrin:
Man, I remember back in the day there was this awesome guy that worked at one of the local shops, and he got everyone in the area to ride. He did a lot for mountain biking in the area, to bad he moved away :(

;)

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
There once was this dude, kind of grungee who loved the hell outta some Rocky Mountain bikes, he used to turn a great wrench too...he was alright...I guess :rolleyes:

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Sorry about the previous babble, Pocahontas was a bit sloppy last Sunday...Poor Farm was a lot dryer, and was pretty quick in a lot of spots.

SK6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 10, 2001
Shut up and ride...
Goes to show ya, sometimes a beautiful women HAS to pose with the weirdos of the world... :D :rofl: :p ;)

...and something tells me she wouldn't trade this weirdo for the world. Now, EVERYONE, please feel free to print this picture, and post at the workplace, LBS, RockyMountain Factory, BC, Whistler...For the good of the world, I did not water mark this photo as to maintain the integrity of the photo, and to ensure, upon further inspection, this photo was not in ANY way retouched or Photoshopped. That is IN fact, BAXTER in a tuxedo. Yes folks, you saw it here first!!!! And I, SK6, am proud to bring it to you!

PS: Allow the rep's to flow....thank you, thank you very much. Donations accepted as well.

Aug 30, 2007
Is this a thread about cavemen fashion trends or JRPS/Pocahontas conditions?

And why does it have to rain right before the weekend, argh.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
It's dumping this morning here, I know they close the trails at Pocahontas sometimes If it rains so many inches.
When this front moves through, it's suposed to be nice...or that's what NOAA claims anyway.

G-spot

Monkey
May 3, 2004
Chester,Va.
Both trails will probably close until at least Sunday(Feb3rd)There is trail maint. day on Saturday(JRPS) if it is not to bad,so if you decide to ride Saturday,you are fore warned, if someone yells at Ya.

Aug 30, 2007
Are there any skateparks in the Richmond area? I am kinda jazzed to ride, and I've already committed to one community service event on Saturday.