Quantcast

Julie's B-Day dinner @ The French Laundry................

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
All I can say is WOW!!!!!! The food was simply amazing, the preparation and presentation was out of this world. The 9 course meal ended up like 13 courses with some treats from the chef. We both chose the Chef's Tasting Menu which was a little something from light seafood to the most unbelievable lamb we've ever had. We ordered 2 1/2 bottles of wine, to start a Chardonnay and for the main a Cabernet. At $175.00 a person is was defiantly the most money I've EVER spend on dinner for 2 people @ $596.23. Was it worth it...........................HELL YES!!!!!!! It was the most impressive dinning experience Julie and I have ever had. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, but not this year, my wallet is severely wrecked after the last 2 weeks. I did however tell Julie I'd love to eat there once a year :thumb:

congrats. glad to hear it went well. that is basically the experience that i have heard from everyone that i know that has been. some of the most unbelievable food out there. expensive when the tab is first thought about, but once they have the food they love it. glad to hear all worked out.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
johnbryanpeters said:
Sounds like a good meal. When Hilarie and I do a big night out, it comes to maybe $120 with one drink apiece and a 20% tip. Regional advantage, I guess.

J
This meal was WAY beyond what we'd normaly spend. She turned 40 today and I wanted it to be special.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
johnbryanpeters said:
Sounds like a good meal. When Hilarie and I do a big night out, it comes to maybe $120 with one drink apiece and a 20% tip. Regional advantage, I guess.

J

And a senior discount :D

J

JRB

Tell her happy birthday again. Next time I will send you some hot dogs and you can send me a nice new Talas.

*edit - 2 1/2 bottles or 1 bottle, you would be legally drunk here. Since the only drunk road check I was ever in was the summer before last on the Cali side in Tahoe, I would always take a cab.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Brian HCM#1 said:
This meal was WAY beyond what we'd normaly spend. She turned 40 today and I wanted it to be special.
Very cool you treated her to something so special on her big day! It's always nice to be treated like a princess every once in a while :) Glad the dinner turned out as good as the hype (and price!).

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
I Are Baboon said:
That sounds awesome. I'd love to try a meal like that someday. But for $596.23, when I eventually pooped the meal out, I'd save the poop in a jar.
LOL, I was joking with her and told her she couldn't poop until today, I wanted to make sure I got my monies worth. :nope: :)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Velocity Girl said:
Very cool you treated her to something so special on her big day! It's always nice to be treated like a princess every once in a while :) Glad the dinner turned out as good as the hype (and price!).
She means the world to me, I look at it this way........I have 10 years till she's 50 and throw another huge bash. That's 10 years to save :thumb: ;) :heart:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
was talking to a guy i work w/ and he told me last year a friend of his invited him and a bunch of others to London for his 50th b-day party. apparently the guy's got huge amounts of cash, because not only did he pay for the US attendees airfare, at the hall he rented for the party, the band playing just happened to be Roxy Music. and not just Ferry w/ guys...manzanera, mackay, thompson, etc. everyone but eno. damn.

:thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:
Tell her happy birthday again. Next time I will send you some hot dogs and you can send me a nice new Talas.

*edit - 2 1/2 bottles or 1 bottle, you would be legally drunk here. Since the only drunk road check I was ever in was the summer before last on the Cali side in Tahoe, I would always take a cab.
The cab from Napa to Livermore would have been more than the dinner at French Laundry!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'm such a picky eater, I probably would not have liked anything. JP's lucky...worst case scenario, if it's not chicken tenders at Red Robin, I like Ruths...you can usually get away with about 250 bucks for a nice dinner and a bottle of Cakebread!

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
I'm glad you guys enjoyed it. I'm such a picky eater, I probably would not have liked anything. JP's lucky...worst case scenario, if it's not chicken tenders at Red Robin, I like Ruths...you can usually get away with about 250 bucks for a nice dinner and a bottle of Cakebread!
We still need to double date at Haps :thumb:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
dh girlie said:
First of all...Brian is a raging alcoholic and his tolerance for alcohol is super high. Second...over a 13 course meal which probably took a couple of hours...a couple of glasses of wine are not going to make him legally drunk.
The meal was 3 1/2 hours long.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Damn dude! I though that I was a big spender for taking my woman to Top of the Hub in Boston for her 21st b-day. Ended up being a little over $200. Its on the 52nd floor of the Prudential Center and has awesome views in every direction. We can even see our favorite trails!
But it is well worth it to do something like that every so often. I would rather spend $ on food than jewelry. Luckily K agrees. You can't eat a ring!